Cyber Security Forum: Current Threats – Webinar
Registration is now closed. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to an increase in cyber-attacks throughout the non-profit sector, both BC Housing and BCNPHA are working together to reduce the risk of organizations becoming victims of these thoughtless crimes. Lead by BC Housing’s CIO and the Housing Provider Technology Support Team, this session will provide a high level overview of the potential damage an attack can cause and the best way to prevent an attack. Areas of discussion include the current state of the non-profit sector, the importance of cybersecurity awareness and things to consider when securing your network and machines. We support an open and collaborative discussion on this subject and encourage attendee participation.
Who should attend
Executive Directors, Managers who have responsibility for Information Technology
What you will learn
- Awareness of how widespread cybers attacks are, why your organization is going to be targeted,
and the likelihood of becoming a victim if risks are left unaddressed.
- The seriousness of an attack and the possibility of becoming a victim
- Understand how a successful cyber attack against an organization can drastically affect its finances, reputation, and relationships.
- Generate helpful questions and identify key concepts to approach IT departments or providers with when it comes to security risk management.
- Bring awareness to how organizations can reduce the risk of a successful attack.
- Collaborative discussions around the subject. • Providing resources to the attendees – pre/post cyberattacks
Mike Klein: As a Senior IT Executive, Mike has spent the last 20 years overseeing the Information
Management and Technology (IMT) department at BC Housing, and the last 6 years working closely with
housing providers and their technology requirements. Last year he launched the Housing Provider
Technology Support program at BC Housing, which includes strategic advice, technology planning,
operational assistance, training and the technology refurbishment program. Mike has been also been a
regular speaker at Housing Central and the BCNPHA RENTs.
Brendan Reid: Brendan is an IT Security Manager with BC Housing. He has 20 years of IT experience
including operational support, user training, and information security. A lifelong learner, his time is
currently invested in security awareness, email hygiene, & endpoint protection. He has industry
recognized certifications in IT security best practices and instructor led training. (GSEC, CTT+, MCSE,
ITILv3). He resides in Burnaby, BC with his wife, daughter, and ever-growing collection of board games.
November 05, 2020
11/5/20 10:00 am - 11/5/20 11:30 am
Free for members for non-members