This 12hrs-over-six-weeks course includes both self-facilitated learning and facilitator-led instructional activities. You will have the opportunity to virtually discuss course materials with other learners and an instructor multiple times during the course – all from the comfort of your office or home.
- This is a 6-week course. It includes access to the HousingU, BCNPHA’s online learning management system, which features self-directed learning materials and discussion forums.
- Three virtual learning sessions delivered via Zoom will provide instructional and group learning through presentations and discussion of course materials in virtual break-out sessions.
- Self-directed learning takes about 3-6 hours, to be completed in 1 to 3-hr segments prior to each virtual session. The virtual learning sessions are 6.5 hours in total, and include a 1.5-hr orientation session and two 2.5-hr facilitated learning sessions.
- There are no prerequisites, other than basic computer, access to the internet and a microphone (i.e. a headset). A camera is not required, but desirable. This course is provided in English and requires reading and writing at a high school level.
- Attendance at all instructional sessions, plus submission of a final project, is required to receive a certificate of completion.
|Registration closes noon (PST). Note: All virtual sessions are Pacific Standard Time.
10:30 AM -12:00 PM 1.5 hrs
|Session 1: Virtual Course Orientation
Meet and greet & technology check. You will also have log-in access to HousingU. While attendance in person is preferred, this session will be recorded, so you can access it at a later date if you cannot make this time.
9:30 AM-12:00 PM
|Session 2: Concept Development
Housing need and demand, developing a project concept, and funding sources.
9:30 AM-12:00 PM
|Session 3: Making it Feasible
Financial feasibility, the project team, partnerships, how to prepare a project proposal.
||Final project due. Access to online RSB course content via HousingU will remain open up to 4 weeks.
There are no prerequisites for attending RSB! online other than a basic understanding of online communication and access to the internet.
RSB! has been designed to be accessible for everyone from Board Members to Development Consultants, to Building Administrators and Managers. RSB! is for members and non-members from organizations of any size who are contemplating, or in the process of building or redeveloping affordable housing in their community.
To register, click on the button above to login to our secure Registration site. Note: We require a unique email address for each course participant as our online learning system will not accept duplicate emails.
For further instructions, check out the Course Registration Information page.
Live session access: Registrants will receive a Zoom link for the 3 live virtual sessions from firstname.lastname@example.org upon registration.
Online course content access: You will be able to access the online resources and forums via HousingU, BCNPHA’s online learning management system, on the course start date. HousingU course log-in information will be sent prior to the start date.
There is a maximum capacity of 20 participants for this course.
RSB! is sponsored by the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation