Last updated November 4, 2020
As part of the biggest investment in housing affordability in BC history, $1.9 billion over 10 years, the Province, through the Building BC: Community Housing Fund will be issuing a 2nd notice of funding spring 2020.
Request for proposals (RFP)
The Government of BC is inviting non-profit and Indigenous housing societies, First Nations, housing co-operatives and municipalities to propose new affordable housing projects for the second intake of the Building BC: Community Housing Fund.
Organizations are invited to submit project proposals to BC Housing beginning on May 27, 2020. The RFP will remain open until mid-January 2021; however, organizations that have “Construction-Ready Projects” are encouraged to apply early by September 4th 2020.
The first Request for Proposals (RFP# 1070-1819/016) for new rental housing units under the Building BC: Community Housing Fund (CHF) was issued April 18, 2018 and closed on September 17, 2018.
Project proposals must reflect the following mix of rents and incomes within a single building:
- 30% Affordable housing (moderate income)
- 50% Rent geared to income (housing income limit)
- 20% Deep subsidy
New projects can be combined with an existing mixed-use site or existing housing if the new project is a separate and independently operating rental housing development (e.g. separate legal parcels or separate financial operations).
CHF RFP re-issued on BC Bid
The RFP has been re-issued on BC Bid to make it open for January 15, 2021 deadline proposals that are intended to be submitted via BC Bid . Please note that the number of the RFP on BC Bid has been extended to be 1070-2021/28 JAN 15.
Addendum #5 with 2021 Housing Income Limits (HILs)
The Addendum with 2021 HILs has been issued on November 3, 2020. Please find it in the list of attachments below as well as on BC Bid under the re-issued CHF RFP #1070-2021/28 JAN 15.
Who should submit a project proposal?
Proponents must be a non-profit organization, Indigenous organization, First Nations, non-profit housing co-operative or municipal housing provider that is wholly government-owned and controlled.
Once operating, the organization will be wholly responsible for:
- Collection of rents
- Resident management and selection of new residents
- Building maintenance and upkeep: internal and external
- Community relations
- Capital planning
- Preparing annual operating budgets.
- Develop financial management and governance polices.
- Develop Business Continuity Plan
Submission documents and funding resources
Details on requirements and deliverables, the proposal review process, submission requisites and forms, and the CHF program will be available soon.
Details on requirements and deliverables, the proposal review process, submission requisites and forms, and the CHF program can be found in the RFP document and appendices below.
- Community Housing Fund – Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Community Housing Fund – Appendix C: Capital Budget Template
- Community Housing Fund – Appendix D: Operating Budget Template
- Community Housing Fund – Appendix E: Organization Structure Form
- Community Housing Fund – Appendix H: Sample Operating Agreement
- Community Housing Fund – Appendix I: BC Housing Development Consultant Services Sample Agreement
- Community Housing Fund – Appendix J: Tenant Relocation Plan
- Community Housing Fund – Addendum Q & A
- Community Housing Fund – Addendum RFP Clarifications
- Addendum #5 with 2021 Housing Income Limits (HILs)
RFP issued: May 27th 2020
Submission deadline for Construction-ready Projects: September 4th 2020
Submission deadline for All Other Projects: January 15th 2021
Watch the information webinar here: https://vimeo.com/430802462/523d8bd994
For submission questions, please contact email@example.com