Media Advisory: Affordable housing leaders to gather in Kelowna for Interior RENT eventPosted
Media Advisory: Affordable housing leaders to gather in Kelowna for Interior RENT event
VANCOUVER, BC (September 6, 2019) – BC Non-Profit Housing Association, in partnership with the Homelessness Services Association of BC, will welcome more than 150 housing leaders for the Regional Education, Networking & Tradeshow (RENT) event on September 9, 2019 in Kelowna.
The Interior RENT draws affordable housing decision-makers and stakeholders to learn about the latest developments in housing policy, collaborate and forge new partnerships in the pursuit of expanding affordable housing options throughout the region. This one-day event is a concentrated hub of education and professional development for leaders as well as frontline and asset management staff.
- Guest speakers including BCNPHA Board Chair and CEO of M’akola Development Services Kevin Albers, Westbank First Nation welcome by Elder Wilfred Barnes, HSABC researcher and policy analyst Dustin Lupick and BCNPHA CEO Jill Atkey.
- Education sessions including: Community Acceptance for Affordable Housing; Responding to Conflict: Meeting the Complex Needs of Clients; Energy Management Tools for Building Managers; Encouraging Stable Tenancies and Preventing Eviction; and more.
- Panel discussion on how collaborative partnerships generate opportunities to deliver safe, secure and affordable housing, as well as community acceptance for new housing models; moderated by Julia Payson of CMHA Vernon and District Branch with panel members Lindsay Monk of M’akola Development Society, Johannes Saufferer from the City of Kelowna, and Danna Locke from BC Housing.
- Dedicated networking opportunities to connect with fellow housing providers and funders, and establish new partnerships.
- Tradeshow featuring a wide range of businesses showcasing the latest products and services to raise the capacity of the non-profit housing sector.
Media are welcome to join us for all or part of the day, attend sessions or connect with members and/or presenters. Please visit ibcrent.bcnpha.ca for more information.
When: September 9, 2019 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Where: Coast Capri Hotel (1171 Harvey Ave., Kelowna, BC)
Contact: Dean Pogas, Director of Communications, 604-363-6590 or firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to News