There is no recording for this session.
Who should attend
Non-profit Housing Providers Refugee Serving Agencies
What you will learn
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the definition of refugee claimants (as different from other refugees)
- Have a better understanding of the challenges that claimants face in finding housing, especially trauma and systemic discrimination.
- Gain empathy by hearing a lived experience and learn from a successful placement.
- MAP housing & settlement workers will have a better understanding of the concerns of housing providers in relation to the precarious status of claimants.
- Have a greater knowledge of each other and create key alliances going forward to increase potential housing units for refugee claimants.
- Consider systems of referral or communication to aid housing providers in deciding to rent to a claimant.
- Discuss next steps in building relationships between members of BCNPHA and MAP BC.