Do you feel like these days you are running on empty? Maybe you know that you need help but don’t even know where to start. In this workshop we are going to delve into the impact of witnessing suffering and some of the steps that can help you to feel like your old self again. The tell-tale signs of our distress will be covered in this interactive webinar. Participants will also have the opportunity to learn strategies to enhance their well-being and healing, recognize vicarious growth and develop their resilience skills.
What you will learn:
- impact of witnessing
- signs of distress and burnout
- strategies to enhance wellbeing
- ways to develop resilience skills
Who should attend:
- feels like they could use a break but just need to finish this one last thing
- feels either internal or external pressure to get more done
- wants in the moment strategies to deal with long-term pressure
- want to strengthen their ability to cope when things don’t go as they planned
Katherine Aubrey, MA, RCC
Katherine has over 20 years of experience working with people who have faced trauma, addictions, homelessness and/or mental health issues. Her varied, frontline work experience ranges from in-reach prison work, group therapy, parole supervision, child & youth care work and addictions and mental health counselling. She has been an instructor with Homelessness Services Association of BC (formerly Shelternet BC) for 12 years. Katherine also facilitates workshops for City of Vancouver staff and various Not-for-profit Organizations. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminology and Psychology and a Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology with specialization in Mental Health Counselling.