Non-Profit Housing Society Staff & Board Directors
Housing Central Conference
November 20-22, 2023
Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre
BC Non-Profit Housing Association, with sponsorship funding from BC Housing, is providing several bursaries for the 2023 Housing Central Conference. The bursary will cover the costs of one three-day conference delegate registration, a dinner ticket and three hotel room nights for a staff member or a Board Director for those societies who are unable to resource conference attendance. The regular BCNPHA member 3-day registration rate is $820 plus GST.
Bursaries will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to approval of the application and submission of appropriate documentation.
Please do not register until your application has been approved. Applicants that do not receive a bursary will be granted 2 weeks from time of notification to register at the special early bird rate ($720 plus GST).
- Society must have 100 or less housing units (owned and operated).
- Society must not have sent a representative to the conference using a bursary in 2022.
- Only non-profit housing societies may apply.
- Only one application per society may be submitted and it must be for either current staff or current board members. Consultants or other affiliated individuals will not be eligible.
- All supporting documents must be sent in for the application to be considered: a written statement (max. 200 words) to demonstrate eligibility, including context around financial constraints and the benefits of conference attendance will have on their society. If you wish to have a portion of your travel costs considered, please include this in your written justification.
- Hotel room costs will only be paid for society staff from organizations located outside of the Lower Mainland, or more than two hours drive away from the conference venue (excluding ferry crossing time) or at our discretion. Flights, ground transportation, per diems, room service, room bar costs, telephone charges, internet costs, paid conference social events or other expenses incurred will be at the cost of the society and/or individual.
- Hotel nights funded are restricted to the nights of November 19, 20, and 21, 2023 and are limited to standard type rooms only.
- Following written confirmation of funding by BCNPHA, all conference registrations shall be undertaken by the bursary recipient through the Housing Central Conference website.
- Hotel room reservations will be completed by BCNPHA.
- Meals supplied will be the standard conference meals accessed by conference delegates. All other meals will be at the cost of the individual or society.