New Grants to Support Park EventsPosted
TD Park People Grants will provide $2000 to groups from Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal to help make community events happen in parks. Make your city park come alive with events like movie nights, harvest festivals and nature walks.
The TD Park People grant program was created to support community groups to host events in urban parks or public green spaces. Through this grant, they hope to lay the groundwork for long-term sustainable community partnerships in parks across each of the selected cities. Groups who demonstrate the ability to successfully organize and host events, as well as sustain their group beyond this grant cycle, are encouraged to apply.
The expectation is that successful applicants host at least three events between April and December 2018 with each event open to all members of the larger community. Eligible groups include volunteer-based park groups, local agencies, resident associations and non-profits that are active in their local parks.
- Cities: In 2018, grants are being awarded to groups and projects based in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Ottawa and Calgary and their surrounding metropolitan areas (i.e. the Greater Toronto Area, Greater Montreal, Greater Vancouver and Ottawa, Calgary Metropolitan Region).
- Groups: Grassroots community groups that include, but are not limited to, volunteer-based park groups, local agencies, resident associations, not-for-profit groups active in their local parks. Partnerships of any or all of the above are encouraged to apply.
- Types of Spaces: City parks, green space on social housing property, school grounds, publicly accessible privately owned properties (with permission of landowner).
- Events: Events which are free and open to all: neighbourhood and community festivals, community picnics, tree planting events, community cleanups and any other community focused programming. Events must abide by all local laws and permit requirements.
- Eligible Expenses: Honoraria for volunteers, event materials, supplies and equipment, printing of promotional materials with provided templates – essentially any reasonable event expense can be covered by the grant.
- Application Process: First join the Park People Network here to register your group and then download an application form, which will be available once your group is registered. Submit the form via email to email@example.com
- Timing: Applications are due by the end of the day on March 5, 2018. Funding decisions will be made in April, with cheques sent in May.
Visit the website to get all of the details, helpful event ideas and application form for the TD Park People Grants program.Back to News