The Right Fit – Accessible Housing for Wheelchair Users – Webinar
Registration is now closed. For more information contact email@example.com
In this session, presenters will describe the mandate and activities of the The Right Fit, a multi-partner service designed to address the crisis in wheelchair accessible housing by matching scarce affordable, accessible homes and independent living supports for people with disabilities in the Greater Vancouver region. The session will discuss the definitions of accessible housing, the unique challenges wheelchair users face when searching for accessible homes, and the role housing providers can play in improving housing accessibility in British Columbia. A BC Housing representative will also describe the role of BC Housing in supporting accessibility and the programs and resources available to housing providers.
In this webinar you will learn
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Define accessible housing;
- Understand the role and activities of the Right Fit Program, including the accessibility checklist;
- Understand challenges faced by wheelchair users when searching for accessible housing;
- List actions housing providers can take to improve accessibility and make accessible units available to wheelchair users who need them, with the help and support from the Right Fit and partners.
- Understand the role of BC Housing in supporting accessible housing.
Who should attend
Founder and Executive Director, Individualized Funding Resource Centre Society (IFRC)
Right Fit Coordinator, Disability Alliance BC
Right Fit Accessible Housing Coordinator, Disability Alliance BC
Senior Researcher, BC Housing
February 24, 2021
2/24/21 12:00 pm - 2/24/21 1:30 pm
Free for members and $20 for non-members