Pooling for Increased Earnings (PIE)
BCNPHA has partnered with Vancity and Coast Capital credit unions to provide BCNPHA members opportunities to increase their earnings by pooling their operating accounts into one large pool with other non-profit societies, making your society eligible for better interest rates. Increased interest income combined with low service charges, 100 percent cash liquidity and a quick enrollment process make PIE a great choice!
The collective Vancity pool is now over $300 million, with BCNPHA, the Co-operative Housing Federation of BC and Realize Co-op working together to aggregate member accounts.
How It Works
- The larger the total amount on the deposit, the higher the interest rate received on your society’s account.
- Your society maintains its independent accounts; they’re simply identified as PIE.
- Interest earned is credited to each PIE member’s account(s) monthly.
- PIE is available to BCNPHA members located within the Vancity and Coast Capital service areas.
- One email signs you up! No mandate changes necessary.
- Easy daily access to your account(s) money with no notice requirements or early withdrawl penalties.
- Unlimited Deposit Insurance with your society’s deposits guaranteed by the Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- Competitive monthly interest rates for PIE participating societies based on the credit union’s prime lending rate.
- Low service charges (or none) provided by Vancity and Coast Capital to participating non-profit societies.
- The extra interest earned by non-profit housing societies has often been worth far more than annual cost of BCNPHA membership dues.
Questions? Contact Us
For more information, please contact email@example.com.