Ready, Set, Build! (May 2021) – Virtual Course
The long-standing RSB! Course is being adapted to our new virtual reality. Join this facilitated course that brings together self-directed online learning and digital group-based learning activities.
If you are considering building affordable housing in your community, Ready, Set, Build! (RSB!) is for you. RSB! is a flexible course that will walk you through the development process from start to end.
This was an excellent introduction and I believe the content will whet many appetites for affordable housing developers. – 2020 summer participant
UPDATED FOR 2021! This 12hrs-over-six-weeks course includes both self-facilitated learning and facilitator-led instructional activities. You will have the opportunity to virtually discuss course materials with other learners and an instructor multiple times during the course – all from the comfort of your office or home.
- This is a 6-week course. It includes access to the HousingU, BCNPHA’s online learning management system, which features self-directed learning materials and discussion forums.
- Three virtual learning sessions will provide for instructional and group learning through presentations and discussion of course materials in virtual break-out sessions.
- Self-directed learning takes about 3-6 hours, to be completed in 1-3 hr segments prior to each virtual session. The virtual learning sessions are six hours in total, and include a 1-hr orientation session and two 2.5-hr facilitated learning sessions.
- There are no prerequisites, other than basic computer, access to the internet and a microphone (i.e. a headset). A camera is not required, but desirable. This course is provided in English and requires reading and writing at a high school level.
- Attendance at instructional sessions is a condition to receive the certificate of completion.
|March 19||Registration opens|
|May 12||Registration closes|
10:30 AM -12:00 PM 1.5 hrs
|Session 1: Virtual Course Orientation
Meet and greet & technology check; You will receive your log-in details to HousingU after this session. While attendance in person is preferred, this session will be recorded, so you can access it at a later date if you cannot make this time.
9:30 AM-12:00 PM
|Session 2: Concept Development
Housing need and demand, developing a project concept, and funding sources
9:30 AM-12:00 PM
|Session 3: Making it Feasible
Financial feasibility, the project team, partnerships, how to prepare a project proposal
|July 12||Online access closes|
There are no prerequisites for attending RSB! online other than a basic understanding of online communication and access to the internet.
RSB! has been designed to be accessible for everyone from Board Members to Development Consultants, to Building Administrators and Managers. RSB! is for members and non-members from organizations of any size who are contemplating, or in the process of building or redeveloping affordable housing in their community.
How to Register
To register, you will need an account: select the Login to Account or Create an Account green button at the top of this page. Once you have registered, you will receive an email with course specific details including a link for your first virtual session. After the first virtual session you will get access to all the online resources and forums via HousingU, BCNPHA’s online learning management system.
Start and end dates
May 13, 2021 – July 12, 2021
$119 + GST for members, $139 + GST for non-members
RSB! is sponsored by the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Note: Registration closes May 12, 2021