2019 Award Recipient: Mayor Lisa Helps
This award recognizes an individual or organization that has made a transformative contribution to the affordable housing sector.
- may be a person or organization
- may be external from the affordable housing sector
- must have significantly contributed to affordable housing in BC
- may be a BCNPHA associate member
The nominee must:
- demonstrate commitment and serve as a role model
- be an advocate, ambassador and/or champion of affordable housing
- have taken actions and shown transformative change in affordable housing, including policy and advocacy with tangible results
- have strongly advocated on behalf of the non-profit housing sector
- have taken initiative and displayed leadership
- have a new way in develop unique solutions to problems in the province/region
- passionately promote the principles of the affordable housing sector
- have attempted to achieves sustainable solutions to affordable housing challenges
The BCNPHA Awards Committee will be responsible for nominating individuals or organizations for this award and will decide who receives this award. Potential nominees will be discussed at each Awards Committee meeting and final selection will be made during the last Awards Committee meeting in late September / early October 2020.
The BCNPHA Awards Committee will notify the selected nominee by early October 2020. The winner will be announced during the Sector Supper at the Housing Central Conference on November 15, 2020 in Vancouver, BC.
2017 Generation Squeeze
2016 Frances Bula