Housing Central 2019: Call for Art!Posted
We’re excited to enliven the 2019 Housing Central Conference with art!
The art exhibition will take place on Tuesday, November 19 at the Sheraton Wall Centre in downtown Vancouver. Additional opportunities to showcase artwork may be available during the conference, November 17 – 19.
Who can participate?
• Organizations that provide arts-related services or programming Showcase your work in this area at the Conference
• Artists whose work touches on housing-related issues, homelessness, mental health, addictions, dealing with or overcoming stigma, or themes of resilience and healing
Artists may be:
• People with lived experience (homelessness, mental health and/or addictions).
• People living in non-profit housing or who access social services.
• Professional artists whose work deals with these themes.
Artwork may include 2D and 3D work, as well as installations. If you have questions about the suitability of your work, please contact Robi Smith at email@example.com.
How to participate
Participation in the art exhibition is free, but space is limited. We are looking for a wide variety of work representing themes of housing, homelessness, mental health, addictions, resilience and healing. Once space is filled, a waitlist will be created in case of cancellations or if more space opens up.
Deadline for submissions is July 15, 2019.
Please send the following information by email to Robi Smith, exhibition curator, firstname.lastname@example.org:
• A description of the organization and art program to be represented OR a bio of the artist
• Up to 10 high resolution images of artwork to be displayed
• A short artist statement explaining how the work relates to the themes of housing, homelessness, mental health, addictions, or resilience and healing
• Contact information
If you are interested in participating or learning more about this opportunity, please email Robi at email@example.com.Back to News