FortisBC is pleased to introduce two new offers for income-qualified customers!Posted
Who is it for?
The offers will be available to customers who meet the income threshold requirements and replace their existing natural gas furnace or water heater with a new, high efficiency natural gas appliance. Customers will need to have an active gas account with FortisBC.
How is it different from the $2000 ECAP Furnace & Boiler Program?
- Individuals and social housing providers do not have to participate in ECAP as a requirement to applying to the new offers. However, we do want to encourage ECAP where ever appropriate.
- Benefits of ECAP: There are still many measures that are included in ECAP that is not available outside of ECAP including free furnaces with a very high standard of installation, insulation, fridges, blower-door led draftproofing, carbon monoxide detectors, programmable thermostats, etc.
- As well, whenever furnaces or attic insulation is installed in ECAP, the customer also receives new ventilation (bathroom fans) which enhances customer safety
- Water heaters were not part of the ECAP offer but the new offers now include them.
- The rebate amount for the highest efficiency furnaces (97%+ AFUE) is $3000 and this was not previously an option under the ECAP offer.
What happens if a housing provider has already submitted a $2000 ECAP Furnace & Boiler Program application?
FortisBC will work with the applicant to ensure they receive the correct rebate amount for the model that they installed.
Furnace Rebate Details
|95 to 96.9 per cent annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) furnace||$2,000||Eligible furnace from directory available on the webpage
≤ 80,000 btuh
|97 to 99 per cent AFUE furnace||$3,000*||Eligible furnace from directory available on the webpage
≤ 80,000 btuh
|94 per cent or higher AFUE boiler||$2,000||Eligible boiler from directory available on the webpage
≤ 80,000 btuh
Water Heater Details
|0.67 Storage Tank||$500*||Eligible water heater from directory available on the webpage
Energy Factor (EF) of 0.67 to 0.70
|Condensing Storage Tank||$2,500*||Eligible water heater from directory available on the webpage|
|Condensing Tankless||$2,500*||Eligible water heater from directory available on the webpage|
*This incentive is funded by FortisBC, the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada
Customer application requirements:
- Must install eligible model from fortisbc.com/iqfurnace
- Note: Income Qualified Space Heating rebates are only available for eligible furnaces/boilers 80,000 btu or smaller. If you have a special situation, such as a group home, these will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Must use Technical Safety BC licenced contractor
- Must provide installation permit number
- Must provide contractor invoices
Contractor requirements (Contractor Spiff: $100)
- Must provide photo of two pipe system
- Must complete commissioning sheet
Who should social housing providers contact if they are interested in participating?
Contact FortisBC’s Key Account Manager, Chris Alionis at: 604-592-7985 or firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to News