Manager, Capital Assets and Property Services
Website Victoria Cool Aid Society
Cool Aid employees personify compassion, professionalism and dependability. Whether we’re providing shelter services, supporting tenants, or delivering health services to inner-city clients we are dedicated to improving the well-being and health of the people we serve. Our contributions and the quality of our services are due to the dedication of our employees.
Employees come from diverse backgrounds, and all walks of life. We’re committed to equality and inclusion.
This is a great opportunity to join an organization that is committed to ending homelessness and improving the lives of the most vulnerable in our community.
The Manager of Capital Assets & Property Services will report to the Director, Housing and Shelters. This position will oversee the effective functioning, repair and upkeep of the society’s building and capital assets. In this role you will be responsible of developing efficient organizational systems that proactively plan for capital expenditures and scheduled maintenance while ensuring a prompt response to repair requests and a positive tenant experience.
In addition this position is also responsible for the oversight of general property management services such as managing tenancy starts and terminations, ensuring effective documentation practices; monitoring RTA compliance; and responding to tenancy related concerns.
A major leadership requirement of the position is to effectively integrate and provide services that align with the Society’s values and guiding principles, particularly through the lens of our clients and community partners.
Victoria Cool Aid Society’s Guiding Principles:
• Meet clients where they are at and see things from their point of view.
• Practice reliability, good faith and integrity in all our relationships.
• Recognize and value the contributions of our clients, staff, volunteers, donors and partners.
• Embrace diversity and honour all cultures, identities and experiences.
• Cultivate partnerships to strengthen community.
• Foster an environment that promotes equity, well-being and safety for all.
• Advocate for those we serve.
• Support each other through change and innovation.
• Take responsibility for our actions and learn from our experiences.
To be successful in this role you will excel at working as a part of a multi-disciplinary team while delivering high quality property management and maintenance functions within Cool Aid’s housing and shelter program.
This position combines multiple lenses of property and capital asset management; building systems expertise; maintenance planning; staff supervision; with a strong focus on tenant service.
• A certificate or diploma in property management, social housing management or a related field is an asset or an equivalent combination of multidisciplinary education and work experience.
• Completion of a post-secondary program in a related field or an equivalent combination of multidisciplinary education and work experience.
• A certificate or diploma in property management, social housing management or a related field is an asset.
• The society will support applicants with current property management designations.
• Five (5) to seven (7) years managing capital asset and property services including:
o Supervising facility operations
o Capital planning
o And maintenance of both residential and commercial properties.
• Specific experience in large scale social or not-for-profit facilities management is an asset.
• Cover letter is required to apply for this position.
• Complete the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Criminal Record Check.
• Clear and recent Driver’s license.
• Class 5 Driver’s abstract.
• Hourly Wage Rate Commensurate with experience.
• Work Location: 749 Pandora Ave
• Work Days Monday – Friday.
• Shift Times: May range from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm
• Hours of work 40 hours weekly.
• Union Exempt.
• Benefits Eligible for 100% employer paid benefits including pension, health and dental care.
• Job Type Permanent – Full-time.
Closing Date: October 16, 2020
To apply for this job please visit coolaid.startdate.ca.