Director of Real Estate Development
Website Victoria Cool Aid Society
As the largest provider of services to the homeless and those at-risk of homelessness in Greater Victoria, the Victoria Cool Aid Society is a key player in the work to end homelessness.
Our mission is to end homelessness by working in partnership with others to develop community-based solutions. We are committed to working in a non-judgmental way with adults experiencing marginalization in Greater Victoria by advocating for and providing emergency shelter, supportive housing, integrated health care and other support services.
Practicing reliability, good faith and integrity in all its relationships, Cool Aid aims to provide integrated health care service to those with mental health and addiction issues and ensure that everyone who needs supportive housing has their needs met, and that no one is forced to sleep on the street or go hungry.
THE OPPORTUNITY – DIRECTOR OF REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT
Reporting to the CEO, the Director is responsible for leading the overall external and internal coordination of development projects at Cool Aid by moving projects through design and construction phases while coordinating with various stakeholders.
The Director of Real Estate Development should be an astute leader who has experience developing financial pro formas, and business plans for new developments and complex projects greater than $10 million.
This is a process-oriented position that considers project schedules, budgets, milestones, and operational policies and demands attention from both a holistic and detail standpoint. Excellent interpersonal communication skills are critical to this position’s success as they interact and manage relationships with key stakeholders and contracted professionals. The Director actively participates on the Senior Leadership Team and attends Board meetings.
THE PERSON – DIRECTOR OF REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT
The Director of Real Estate Development has a deep understanding of the social and affordable housing sector.
They are well versed in the knowledge of:
• Local government development approvals processes.
• Federal, provincial, and local government grants and programs for affordable and supportive housing.
• Policies, guidelines, and statutory requirements relevant to real estate development.
• Best practice in real estate development.
• Analyze various real estate development opportunities, including financial analysis.
• Develop feasibility plans to assess project viability and make recommendations to the Society on real estate transactions.
• Liaise with government funders and financial partners to seek out financial support for real estate development projects.
• Oversee preparation of funding proposals
• Lead teams to accomplish goals.
• Work in a fast paced, multi-task environment.
• Deal with diverse stakeholders.
Required Qualifications, Education, and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
• A university degree in a related field such as Business, Real Estate, Architecture or Urban Planning.
• A minimum of seven years’ experience working in real estate development including experience with:
o Project management and project costing of new development from concept through municipal approvals, financing, construction, and occupancy.
o Reviewing construction claims for payment and managing deficiencies, holdbacks, and warranty reviews.
o Preparing or overseeing reimbursement claims for submission to funders.
o Securing financing for real estate projects.
o Working in partnerships.
o Developing consultation plans and leading consultation activity.
o Managing relationships with key stakeholders and contracted professionals.
o Knowledge of construction procurement and methods
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume by January 15th, 2021 to:
Kathy Stinson CPA, CMA, CIHCM
Chief Executive Officer
Closing Date: February 3, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org