Coordinator, Shelter Services
Website Victoria Cool Aid Society
Cool Aid employees personify compassion, professionalism and dependability. Whether we’re providing shelter services, supporting tenants, or delivering health services to inner-city clients we are dedicated to improving the well-being and health of the people we serve. Our contributions and the quality of our services are due to the dedication of our employees.
Employees come from diverse backgrounds, and all walks of life. We’re committed to equality and inclusion.
This is a unique opportunity to join the management of an innovative not-for-profit, in an environment that is committed to promoting continuous learning, creativity and collaboration.
The Coordinator, Shelter Services works collaboratively to support a strong, consistent, and cohesive shelter team and services. The Coordinator supervises the RBL Front Line Supervisors, supporting them to orientate, coach and foster team work with the Support Workers and Client Service Workers while promoting excellent working relationships with other departments within the building, including Janitorial and Maintenance, Food Services, and Scheduling. This position also oversees the Foundations Program, and works with the Manager on other programming initiatives.
A major leadership requirement of the position is to effectively support staff in the provision of services that align with the Society’s vision, values, and guiding principles, particularly through the lens of our clients and community partners.
Victoria Cool Aid Society’s Guiding Principles:
Meet clients where they are at and see things from their point of view.
Practice reliability, good faith and integrity in all our relationships.
Recognize and value the contributions of our clients, staff, volunteers, donors and partners.
Embrace diversity and honour all cultures, identities and experiences.
Cultivate partnerships to strengthen community.
Foster an environment that promotes equity, well-being and safety for all.
Advocate for those we serve.
Support each other through change and innovation.
Take responsibility for our actions and learn from our experiences.
The successful applicant will have comprehensive knowledge of mental health and addictions best practices and resources; supportive housing regulations and service delivery models; and community collaboration.
• Baccalaureate degree in related human services, administrative field, or a combination of training and experience.
• More than five (5) years’ experience within a not-for-profit community social services context
• A minimum of five (5) years progressively senior leadership experience within a multi-service complex organization.
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices in the following areas:
o Client/resident relations
o Performance development
o Conflict resolution
o Personnel recruitment
o Community development, and contract reporting.
o Ability to implement and supervise program special projects.
• Demonstrated commitment to teamwork, collaborative practice and lifelong learning.
• Complete the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Criminal Record Check.
• Hourly Wage Rate: 32.02.
• Work Location: 535 Ellice Street – Rock Bay Landing.
• Work Days: Monday – Friday, with rotating on-call schedule.
• Shift Times: May range from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm.
• Weekly Hours: 40 hours per week.
• Union: Exempt.
• Benefits Eligible for 100% employer paid benefits including pension, health and dental care.
• Job Type Permanent – Full-time.
Closing Date: October 14, 2020
To apply for this job please visit coolaid.startdate.ca.