Website BC Non-Profit Housing Association
BC Non-Profit Housing Association (BCNPHA) has been the provincial umbrella organization for the non-profit housing sector for nearly 30 years. We serve more than 600 members, including non-profit housing societies, businesses, individuals, partners and stakeholders, with education and professional development opportunities, research and advocacy, and asset management services. BC’s non-profit housing societies manage more than 60,000 units of long-term, affordable housing in over 2,500 buildings across the province.
Positioned within the Communications and Programs Department, this position will play a key role in developing a variety of digital assets for BCNPHA and its partners.
The UX Developer is a part developer, part designer, which will involve the development and maintenance of WordPress, Bootstrap, and ASP.NET websites. The digital design component will focus on creating mock-ups, wireframes, social media graphics, web logos, web banners, app development and email templates. This position will also include some work customizing and developing ASP.NET components in our CRM (iMIS) to improve the overall experience for our staff and members.
Manager of IT
- Design and present plans for development of new websites.
- Work with our CRM (iMIS) reporting engine to develop customized reports.
- Regular monitoring and maintenance of current websites.
- Develop functionality improvements for existing ASP.NET and WordPress websites.
- Provide support to staff and external users for any technical web-based related issues.
- Ensure consistency of brand and design across all our sites.
- Capture needs of each department and design solutions to overcome any problem areas.
- Regular documentation of processes via internal wiki.
- Meet with members to capture what’s needed on the digital front for the non-profit housing sector.
- Update all code in version control software with comments.
- Maintain development and test environments.
- Video editing of some of our promotional material and recorded webinars.
- Design promotional materials for social media.
- Analyze Google Analytics data to identify patterns to improve user experience.
- Other duties as needed.
Education, Skills, and Experience required:
It is expected that the successful candidate will have some knowledge of the best practices for UI/UX design, as well have experience designing and developing websites. This position will also work closely with other departments so excellent communication skills is a must.
- Degree in digital design, graphic design, web design or an applicable degree or combination of related professional experience.
- Strong portfolio of digital design work with preference working with industry associations and non-profits.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A keen interest in problem solving and research.
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects and tasks while working in a highly collaborative environment.
Closing Date: May 29, 2020