Shelter Support Worker
Website The Elizabeth fry Society of Greater Vancouver
We are seeking Residential Support Workers located in New Westminster, B.C.
These positions are full-time and auxiliary, weekends and statutory holidays.
We offer good wages and excellent benefits.
• Manage the overall functioning of the program and the residents
• Establish rapport and provide a warm, safe supportive environment to women
• Record all activities and interactions with participants
• Perform light housekeeping duties ensuring quality control for all equipment and maximum cleaning effectiveness
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• 4th Year student or completion of 4 year post- secondary or combination of diploma in social services
• Minimum one year previous experience in a residential environment preferably with addictions
• Good working knowledge of legislation & policies related to Social Assistance & Mental Health Act
SKILL & ABILITIES:
• Must have own vehicle and valid B.C. Drivers’ License
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Food Safe and First Certificate required
• Must be able to list up to 20 lbs.
Closing Date: December 31, 2018