Residential Tenancy Officer
Website Aboriginal Housing Society of Prince George
The Aboriginal Housing Society of Prince George (AHSPG) provides safe, healthy and
affordable housing for Aboriginal people of all incomes, ages, and capabilities. Our organization’s
values reflect the traditional cultures of our diverse Aboriginal ancestry: treating all people with
dignity and respect; acting with integrity, honesty and transparency; and being accountable to the
communities we serve. AHSPG seeks innovative ways to sustain affordable housing through
economies of scale and social enterprise, towards empowering individuals and families, and
developing an urban village in Prince George.
AHSPG is seeking a Residential Tenancy Officer (RTO) to coordinate tenancy operations for the
Society for an assigned housing portfolio. The RTO administers all aspects of residential tenancy
services for affordable and subsidized rental properties, including tenancy agreements, rent
collection, and liaising with maintenance, support and the rest of the housing team staff – to
provide an exceptional seamless service to our residents and stakeholders.
You are experienced, organized, career-oriented, a self-starter looking to advance your career in a
critical sector. You have a desire to help people in your community. You must have a strong
character, be culturally aware, respectful, knowledgeable, listen, and able to assert and carry out
tenancy services, while working within and mentoring necessary protocols. You lead by example
and are an exceptional team player.
1. Administers tenancy agreements, enforces terms and updates, including rent collections and
2. Coordinates tenancy selection procedures, and obtains authorizations.
3. Calculates rental rates and conducts income verifications. Enters tenancy and rents updates
4. Conducts showings, move in and move out procedures.
5. Works closely with administrative staff with respect to data entry, filing and correspondence.
6. Supports property/building management functions.
7. Routine property inspections for damage, maintenance and cleaning standards.
8. Mediates disputes as applicable.
9. Drafts and administers vacancy advertisements and advises on application processes.
10. Informs maintenance manager of property deficiencies.
11. Fire alarm testing and inspections as assigned.
12. Ensures compliance with applicable regulations.
13. Provides additional assistance and support to tenant household members directly and in
coordination with support worker.
14. Policy and procedural input and communications.
15. Prepares and communicates tenancy orientation materials.
16. Conducts and administers end of tenancy procedures.
17. Responds to emergency situations as applicable.
Occasional travel required
-Relevant education or training certification, two-years experience in a similar position, or
equivalent combination or education and experience,
-Excellent verbal and written communication and conflict resolution skills;
-Attention to detail and numeracy skills,
-Ability to deal with the public and to maintain courteous, professional conduct with the public,
employees, and volunteers,
-Experience with tenancy arbitrations or other dispute resolution mechanisms,
-Must have strong computer skills and experience, M/S Office and management information
systems experience and aptitude essential,
-Experience using various office equipment,
-Must be bondable – a Criminal Record check, confidentiality and conflict of interest declarations,
-High level of professionalism and positive attitude, as agent of the Society are essential,
-Sustained learning and development, integrity, transparency
-Cultural agility: Ability to work respectfully, knowledgeably and effectively with Aboriginal people
-Change management: Acknowledging, and striving to understand, embrace and collaborate
towards supporting positive changes for the organization and the self-determination of the
individuals and families the organization serves.
Valid driver’s license and working vehicle for work use necessary.
This position offers competitive compensation and benefits
Send cover letter and résumé to:
Deadline: Position will remain open until filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Closing Date: November 23, 2018