The BC Non-Profit Housing Association is the “industry association” for affordable housing in British Columbia. BCNPHA provides leadership and support to non-profit housing providers through the delivery of services, research, education, events and advocacy. We work with over 700 non-profit housing societies who provide over 60,000 units of affordable housing at more than 2,500 sites in British Columbia.
BCNPHA is recruiting a Research Intern to carry out general activities supporting the Research and Policy Department.
The Research Intern will provide general support to BCNPHA’s Research and Policy Department, as well as help carry out larger projects on an as-needed basis. This includes, but is not limited to, summarizing housing policy and program initiatives, conducting data entry and analysis, carrying out interviews with non-profit housing providers, and general administrative work.
Education and Experience
– Post-secondary education in a relevant field, currently undertaking graduate studies
– Housing policy and planning
– Handling large volumes of data
– Data collection through surveys
– Data analysis and reporting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Windows, including proficiency in Excel
– Knowledge of Tableau would be considered an asset
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
– Proven problem solving and analytical skills with an ability to approach a problem logically and systematically
– Proven ability to pay close attention to detail
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Ability to develop work plans and meet deadlines
– Ability to prioritize work and address competing demands
– Experience in affordable housing policy/research a strong asset
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to Brian Clifford, Policy Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Research Intern – LASTNAME ”. Submission deadline is April 1, 2019. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: April 7, 2019