Website BC Housing
Regional Director – Interior Region
Job ID 3258
BC Housing is a provincial Crown agency with an annual budget of $1.45 billion (2019/20) and a portfolio of housing services and programs that assist 110,400+ households in over 300 communities province wide. As such, we continually seek sustainable housing solutions that are supported by excellence in service delivery and research, and take into account social, financial and environmental impacts.
Our Operations Branch, whose job it is to develop and deliver social housing programs across the province, oversees comprehensive property management services for 7,800 public housing units, and provides financial and management consulting to non-profit and co-op housing providers responsible for another 33,400 units. This includes the administration of Provincial Rental Housing Corporation (PRHC) group homes on behalf of sponsoring ministries. The Branch works with non-profit societies and co-operatives, government, community agencies, tenants and advocacy groups to ensure BC Housing delivers high-quality services and programs that are responsive to client needs.
As Regional Director – Interior Region, you’ll be in charge of implementing the Commission’s housing portfolio programs and related support services within BC’s Interior Region, and managing the delivery of property management services for the housing portfolio. Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, you’ll promote partnerships with community organizations and governments to provide appropriate social housing, as well as advise and guide both non-profit societies and co-operatives during housing development, and perform regular financial and operational reviews of their ongoing operations.
A persuasive communicator, negotiator and consensus builder, comfortable functioning in a multi-stakeholder, socio-political environment like ours, you’ll represent BC Housing in the Region, providing information on matters related to our housing programs and working closely with Commission and Ministry staff in the resolution of current and emerging regional issues. Given the scope and impact of this senior mandate, we’ll also rely on you to develop long-range operational, financial and staffing plans to meet regional business objectives, prepare the annual budget, monitor expenditures and reallocate resources, as well as organize and manage facility maintenance and improvement initiatives.
With a degree in public administration, urban planning or a related discipline, and considerable experience in managing operational, administrative and financial activities, preferably in property management, community development or a social housing environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience, you have the solid foundation this key role demands. A Certified Property Manager designation or membership in REIBC is also required, and REIC membership is preferred.
The following competencies, knowledge, skills and abilities will also support your success in advancing and supporting the achievement of regional objectives:
• Personal Effectiveness
• Results Oriented
• Service Oriented
• Alignment & Results
• Team Development
• Relationship Building
• Considerable knowledge and understanding of:
• the philosophies, practices and standards pertaining to the delivery of housing programs and services for vulnerable populations
• BC Housing’s mandate, programs, operating requirements, and strategic objectives, and the socio-political environment in which it operates
• non-profit society governance, management and operation.
• Considerable knowledge of procurement policies and procedures that ensure transparency and demonstrated value for money.
• Sound knowledge of financial, accounting and reporting systems, processes and controls.
• Effective negotiation, conflict resolution, problem-solving, consensus-building, project management, leadership, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to plan and manage the implementation of program activities, analyze and solve complex issues, and make effective decisions.
• Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team setting.
• Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with community groups, government agencies, health authorities, local government, tenants and the public.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and/or weekends, with occasional travel within the province.
• The Operations will be undergoing a review and the position may be subject to minor change as part of the review of Operations
To view the Job Description and to apply for the role of Regional Director – Interior Region, visit https://www.bchousing.org/careers/current-opportunities. When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application as a single Word or pdf file. Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted.
BC Housing—one of BC’s Top Employers for 2019 and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for 2019—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
At BC Housing, we’re committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Closing Date: April 13, 2020
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.bchousing.org/careers →