Property Manager - Ted Kuhn Towers
Website Options Community Services Society
Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director (DED), of Options Community Services, the Property Manager will be responsible for the effective management of Ted Khun Towers, a social housing program which consists of two buildings with over 420 bachelor and 1-bedroom units. We are committed to empowering individuals, supporting families and promoting community health.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Interviews and selects residents based on program criteria, suitability for the building, and confirmation of third party support for mental health or addiction issues.
• Ensures the completion of Tenancy Agreement/Program Participant Agreement and move-in condition inspection reports and critical tenant information is gathered and maintained.
• Builds positive relationships with residents and supports their personal development, encouraging healthy life choices and involvement in building and resident activities.
• Oversees the collection of rent payments and rental arrears and informs DED of any issues or trends that require further corrective action.
• Liaises with community agencies such as police and reports suspicious activities in or around the building.
• Expertly executes program management tasks in collaboration with the Program Manager, including issue and risk management, building complex multi-phase program schedules, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communication of overall program status.
• Managing all aspects of complex, large-scale supportive housing programming in a highly sensitive environment often through a consultative and collaborative process.
• Developing and implementing effective programs, processes, procedures, and schedules for meeting project and program deliverables and resident’s needs.
• Chairing and facilitating high-level resident and team meetings
• Supervise the ongoing maintenance of training manuals and computerized records and documentation by performing audits to ensure accuracy of resident physical and virtual files, and statistical data.
• Responsible for building revenue and expenses including preparing and operating within an approved budget; analyzing monthly financial statements and preparation of monthly management report; ensure billings and year-end adjustments are correct.
• Oversee accounts receivable to ensure they are maintained at an acceptable level.
• Work closely with Maintenance teams to ensure the efficient operation, maintenance and repair of properties including compliance with government regulations, achievement of maintenance/life safety standards and sourcing cost effective ways to operate.
• Develop, administer, and submit regular financial reports and budgets (operating & capital) within established guidelines.
• Interact and effectively communicate on financial performance, property operations, staffing, and resident relations.
• Conduct and document annual building inspections, as well as routine follow up to ensure all items identified are addressed in a timely manner.
• Ensure health & safety policies and procedures are compliant
• Determines staffing including recruitment, scheduling, training, performance reviews etc.,
• Ensures the training on Naloxone protocols in place for all employees and forwards records for personnel files.
• Works with direct reports to establish deliverables with measureable objectives and timelines, develop plans for skillset growth, and conduct formal performance reviews.
Closing Date: September 14, 2019