Property Maintenance Assistant
Website Metro Vancouver
Our Housing Department is seeking a Property Maintenance Assistant who will respond to a variety of routine maintenance issues, make repairs, and provide written scopes of work and who will liaise with outside contractors.
You are: A self-starter, able to work independently to evaluate and prioritize a wide range of tasks in a timely manner. You are able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
This role: (The duties describe are intended to be representative of the position and are not to be considered as all inclusive.)
• Carry out unit and property inspections as assigned and complete related reports required.
• Carry out equipment inspections and servicing as assigned and attest to results in the prescribed reporting formats.
• Inspect and/or supervise the work of outside trades or contractors as assigned.
• Carry out direct maintenance repairs on assigned projects and/or on specifically assigned maintenance projects within the portfolio. Work might include electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and other related general repair or preventative maintenance activities.
• Maintain personal tool inventory.
• The Property Maintenance Assistant may provide assistance and support to caretaking staff to enable them to carry out minor maintenance aspects of their jobs.
• Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
To be successful, you have:
• Grade 12 and related courses or certifications in maintenance or property operations.
• Formal training in building technology and maintenance, such as a journeyman certificate or diploma in building technology from a community college.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in property/maintenance work
• Ability to assess the quality of work being carried out by independent trades or contractors in order to be able to recommend acceptance of it.
• Physical ability and knowledge required to carry out a wide range of maintenance and property repairs and ability to maintain required maintenance reports, written inspection reports, etc.
• Ability to communicate effectively and positively with clients, other staff, independent trades and contractors.
• A good knowledge and understanding of residential building and construction techniques and practices.
• A good knowledge of residential maintenance and renovation methods, materials and equipment.
• A good knowledge of building codes and municipal requirements including safety and fire protection.
• Bondable and possesses a valid BC driver’s license.
• Small tools and hand tools etc. necessary to carry out general building maintenance work.
• Completion of a Criminal Records Check.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by February 22, 2019.
Closing Date: February 22, 2019
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ →