Marketing & Program Development Associate (Maternity Leave Contract)
Website BC Non-Profit Housing Association
Maternity Leave Contract: 12 months with possibility of extension
BC Non-Profit Housing Association (BCNPHA) is the provincial umbrella organization that provides leadership and support to non-profit housing providers and other stakeholders through programs, services, educational opportunities and advocacy.
About BCNPHA Partner Programs:
BCNPHA offers a variety of programs and services to non-profit housing providers to support and strengthen the capacity of the sector. From group insurance and property management, to energy efficiency and capital planning, BCNPHA has developed programs and services for its members that saves them money and makes them more efficient.
Overview of the Position:
Positioned within the Communications and Operations Department, this position will play a key role in promoting BCNPHA programs and services to the non-profit housing sector, and will also provide marketing support across the association’s activities and initiatives. This position will also play a lead role in marketing Canada’s largest non-profit housing conference, Housing Central.
Director of Communications & Operations
Programs & Services: (60%)
· Leverages relationships for partner program participation to have a positive impact on non-profit housing society operations and build association revenue
· Support the growth and development of new BCNPHA programs and services
· Liaise with program partners to produce marketing materials
· Assist in the administration of the partner programs and prepare quarterly/annual reports on their performance
Marketing & Tradeshow: (20%)
· Develops and distributes marketing materials (i.e. brochures, e-newsletters, quarterly magazine) for BCNPHA programs and services, education offerings and events
· Supports with event tradeshow exhibitors, including sales, budgets, booking forms, layouts and logistics
· Conducts market analysis and develops marketing strategies (including targets) for BCNPHA programs, events and educational offerings
· Prepares marketing budgets and presentations
· Responsible for advertising bookings forms and coordinates the delivery of marketing materials to mailing house
Member engagement: (10%)
· Promotes membership and builds relationships with BCNPHA members through digital and in-person contact
· Assists in processing all new member applications by validating and entering all new member contacts and organization data in databases/CRM
· Assists the IT team with web content updates and data entry for CRM or other software when necessary
Internal: Communications & Operations Director, Content Editor, IT Manager, IT Coordinator, Education Coordinator and Events Coordinator
External: Non-profit and co-op members, vendors and various housing stakeholders.
Education, Skills, and Experience required:
– Post-secondary education in business and/or marketing, communications or a related field
– 3-5 years of marketing experience in an organization of comparable or greater size
– Strong software skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign and CRM databases
– Knowledge of website content management (WordPress) and various e-communications tools
– Excellent writing, editing and other communication skills and attention to detail
– Superior organizational and time management skills and ability to set priorities and multi-task
– Must be able to work independently as well as in a team.
– Experience working in the public or non-profit sector would be an asset
Salary and benefits
$55,000-$60,000 based on experience with a comprehensive benefits package. BCNPHA is a living wage employer.
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume by January 16th at 5 p.m. to:
Dean Pogas, Director of Communications & Operations.
Closing Date: January 16, 2019