Website Red Door Housing Society
The position will require the successful candidate to use their knowledge & skills to perform a variety of troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair duties, including but not limited to:
· Repairing/replacing receptacles, ballasts, switches, fans, electrical fixtures, baseboard heaters, change breakers, smoke alarms, thermocouples, and repairing/replacing damaged wiring.
· Repairing/replacing plumbing fixtures, including toilets, sinks and basins, as well as water lines, and sanitary and storm piping.
· Replacing counter tops, cupboards, wall tiles, and sheet vinyl, installing doors, replacing locks on doors and windows, and repairing railings.
· Cleaning gutters and debris from roofs, replacing shingles, flashing repairs and emergency patching and caulking.
· Snaking drains with power augers, and repairing and constructing fences, gates and concrete sidewalks, patios, and ramps.
· Performing routine repairs and maintenance to appliances, equipment, and HVAC equipment.
· Performing minor electrical, plumbing and carpentry
The successful applicant must have a clean class 5 driver’s license as they will be provided with the use of RDHS’s utility Van. They must adhere to all safety procedures/practices and legislation such as WCB and Residential Tenancy Act. The successful applicant will adhere to the Societies code of conduct and nondiscrimination policies. They will maintain an accurate inventory and have good computer skills and be agreeable to learning new software as implemented by the Society.
A high school diploma and two years’ related maintenance experience, excellent communication and interpersonal skills or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer. Please Note: the successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check and are required to maintain security clearance throughout their employment. Due to the nature of this role, a valid class 5 driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required. *An eligibility list may be established*
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process. Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document when applying for this position to (email@example.com)
Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Commensurate with experience
Closing Date: June 30, 2020