Halfway House Residential Support Worker
Website The Elizabeth fry Society of Greater Vancouver
We are seeking On Call Residential Support Workers – Community Corrections in New Westminster, B.C.
We offer good wages.
• Provide one-on-one programming, monitoring and support to participants on conditional release within a residential setting
• Provide safety and well-being within a structured residential setting
• Record all activities and interactions with participants
• Perform light housekeeping duties ensuring quality control for all equipment and maximum cleaning effectiveness
• EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• BA in Criminology or other relevant Social Science Degree or Diploma in Social Services with minimum 1- 2 years’ experience with criminalized women in a residential environment
• Proven knowledge related to incarceration and parole
• Good working knowledge of legislation & policies related to Social Assistance & Mental Health
• SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Must have own vehicle and valid B.C. Drivers’ License
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Food Safe and First Aid Certificate required
• Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
Closing Date: December 31, 2018