Website Affordable Housing Societies
The Affordable Housing Societies – one of BC’s largest social housing providers – is seeking to fill the role of Purchaser, based out of its New Westminster Head Office location. The successful applicant will join a high caliber team in an exceptional work environment with great perks such as the 9-day fortnight (every 2nd Friday off), RRSP program, and health/dental benefits. The Purchaser will act as the buyer of goods and services required at our multi-unit residential housing properties, take the lead role in major renovations and upgrades, and maintain Asset Management plans.
If you are the type of person who wants to work somewhere that makes a difference, brings a great attitude to work, likes to solve problems, has great negotiation skills, and has excellent experience in a purchasing role with a property management related enterprise, then this may be the job for you. Specific qualifications we are looking for include:
– Designation/accreditation in Supply Management or equivalent level of
– Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
– Experience developing and maintaining Asset Management plans
– Experience developing corporate procurement processes
– Thorough knowledge of building systems (HVAC, building envelope,
painting, roofing, landscaping, electrical/plumbing etc…)
– Knowledge of and experience with Purchasing Software
– A reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
If this sounds like you then send us your Resume with a Cover Letter explaining why you are the right fit for our organization. Email address for submissions is email@example.com
The closing date for applications is May 31, 2019
While we appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: May 31, 2019