Website BC Non-Profit Housing Association
BC Non-Profit Housing Association (BCNPHA) has been the provincial umbrella organization for the non-profit housing sector for nearly 30 years. We serve more than 600 members, including non-profit housing societies, businesses, individuals, partners and stakeholders, with education and professional development opportunities, research and advocacy, and asset management services. BC’s non-profit housing societies manage more than 60,000 units of long-term, affordable housing in over 2,500 buildings across the province.
BCNPHA is recruiting an Asset Analyst to assist with the collection and analysis of non-profit housing data to update our asset inventory database and energy use data. Our asset inventory database is unique across Canada and contains a comprehensive overview of the non-profit housing stock across the province including information such as counts of units and beds, housing typology, energy efficiency measures, operating agreements, and land ownership. Information from the database helps establish the overall size and scope of the non-profit housing stock in communities throughout BC. BCNPHA uses this data for advocacy, research, planning, and development purposes.
The Asset Analyst will work closely with BCNPHA’s policy and asset management teams and will report to the Policy Director. Primary duties will include survey administration, data entry, data management, reporting, and other duties as assigned.
RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS
- Supports the team in updating the survey instrument
- Liaise with project partners and other stakeholders in survey design
- Work with cross departmental team on data integration across departments
- Conducts surveys and interviews with BC non-profit housing providers to update current asset inventory database
- Assists in drafting reports and briefs on updates to the asset inventory database
- Assists with drafting progress reports for funders and other stakeholders
- Participate in staff and team meetings
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of data quality and integrity
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in applied science, data analysis, social sciences, planning, or related fields.
Skills, abilities, and Experience
- Experience with data collection using various quantitative and qualitative methods,
- Experience with data analysis and data reporting
- A working knowledge of non-profit housing organizations and operations would be an asset
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills -ability to communicate in a timely manner appropriate with staff and partners.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills with an ability to approach a problem logically and systematically
- Proven ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to develop work plans and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize work and address competing demands
- Experience and a high level of proficiency in preparing presentations and presenting data visually
- Quick learner especially with software systems
- Knowledge of Qualtrics, or similar survey software an asset
- Proficient computer (MS office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database skills
Compensation & Working Conditions
- Family friendly work hours
- A diverse team in a sociable, professionally rewarding work environment
- A comprehensive extended health benefits package for you and your dependants
- Salary Range: $40,000-50,000 annually
- Due to Work Safe BC pandemic guidelines, BCNPHA staff currently work remotely with the option to work in the office on a restricted, part-time, and highly-regulated basis.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to Brian Clifford, Policy Manager, at email@example.com with the subject line “Asset Analyst – LASTNAME”. Submission deadline is August 10, 2020. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: August 10, 2020
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org