Financial Strategy in Response to the COVID-19 Crisis – Session 2 – Webinar
Build a Flexible Financial Strategy
The current public health crisis has disrupted many non-profits’ operations and funding sources, with longer-term impacts that remain unknown. Organizations face immediate budget impacts and potential threats to sustainability. In this series of two 90-minute webinars we will help non-profit leaders visualize and chart a financial strategy to proactively address the short- and longer-term impacts of the crisis. At the conclusion of the series, participants will have a conceptual framework to pave a pathway toward financial sustainability amid uncertainty. This is session 2, Build a Flexible Financial Strategy, of the two-part webinar series.
Senior non-profit managers and board members.
This series will enable participants to:
- Identify short-term approaches to cutting costs, bolstering revenues and re-budgeting
- Describe key metrics for financial health
- Clarify underlying business model challenges and sources of financial stress
- Define key elements of a financial strategy
- Employ effective communication methods with stakeholders regarding finance
These sessions will be delivered as two sequential 90-minute webinars. Since there is almost no overlap in content, it is highly recommended that you attend both. These webinars will be recorded, so if you can only attend one session we recommend you also listen to the session you missed.
Scott Schaffer, Principal of PIM Consulting Canada, is a non-profit sector thought leader on financial health and sustainability. As past CEO of organizations in the health, housing and environmental fields, he’s led financial turnarounds and built resilient organizations. As a management consultant, he’s helped over 100 non-profits chart courses toward financial health. Scott has a background in finance, economics and behavioural science, and has led a workshop called Strategic Financial Management for Non-Profit Executives in the U.S. and Canada.
Optional Add-On Services:
- Topic-specific “Office Hours” discussion sessions
- Strategic Financial Planning Cohort program
- Organization-specific Financial Analysis or Business Planning.
Contact Amanda Prasow, email@example.com for more details regarding add-on services.
May 07, 2020
5/23/20 10:00 am - 5/23/20 11:30 am
Free for members and for non-members
Thank you to our presenting partner: