Addressing Overheating in Buildings for Operational Staff – Webinar
Format: This session is offered simultaneously as an online webinar and in-person, interactive session, which will be recorded at Brix Recording Studio (102-211 Columbia St., Vancouver). Seating is limited to 20 people max.
Description: As summer approaches it is important that building managers and operational staff prepare for extreme hot weather and poor air quality events related to forest wildfires and rising air temperatures. Join us for this interactive session in which you will learn about no cost/ low cost cooling strategies for low rise buildings and single family homes. This webinar will include case studies from non profit housing providers and highlight free tools and resources created by BC Housing. The speakers will include non profit housing providers throughout Vancouver and sustainability practitioners involved in preparing for extreme heat and poor air quality events:
- Ulryke Weissgerber, Metro Vancouver
- Chris Higgins, City of Vancouver
- Lookout Housing and Health Society
- Tamsin Mills, Senior Sustainability Specialist, City of Vancouver
The session will be moderated by Jackie Kanyuk, Program Delivery Manager, Asset Management, BCNPHA.
What you will learn
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the effects of extreme heat in low- and high-rise buildings and ways to mitigate it.
2. Know where to access low cost/no cost tools and resources to prepare for the effects of extreme heat and poor air quality events related to forest wildfires and rising air temperatures.
3. Take-away practical resources.
Who should attend:
Front-line support staff/building managers and operators of non-profit housing as well as leadership at the executive and board level.
Start and end dates
May 12, 2020 - May 12, 2020
9:00 am - 10:30 am PST
(Free) for members and for non-members
How to register
To register, click the large green button at the top of this page: “Login to account”, or “Create an account” (if you do not yet have one). Note: We require a unique email address for each participant. If you need further instructions, click Course registration instructions.
Please note: This webinar will be recorded. Participants will be emailed webinar dial in instructions in advance of the webinar.
This session delivered in partnership with BCNPHA, BC Housing, Metro Vancouver and the City of Vancouver.