Bulk purchasing of insurance results in reduced premiums for members of all sizes and mandates. The Comprehensive General Insurance Program is designed to provide insurance for non- profit housing societies consistent with a standard approved by both BC Housing and BCNPHA. The available insurance includes Property & Rental Income, Boiler & Machinery, Crime, Commercial General Liability, Directors & Officers Liability and Volunteer Accident.
- Negotiation of preferential rates and insurance contracts on behalf of the plan members.
- Consultative and support services to individual non profit housing societies in collaboration with BCNPHA.
- Assistance in reporting claims and maintenance of statistics on claims.
- Loss prevention services and inspections as required by insurers and BCNPHA.
- Auditing insurance requirements and arranging changes in coverages for plan members.
- Negotiation of insurance contracts on behalf of the plan members.
Marsh Canada provides consultative support and market information to BCNPHA on trends and alternative insurance coverage systems.
Members are encouraged to join this program because the program sets the standard for insurance in terms of the level of coverage and the premium for the non profit housing industry in BC.
How to Join
This program offers Group Health and Dental benefits to the non-profit housing sector in BC and is exclusive to BCNPHA members. It is offered through Morneau Shepell, an insurance broker operating federally which has a strong long-term relationship with the non-profit sector and excellent relationships with multiple insurers to ensure great premium rates.
- Consulting service offered by the program through Morneau Shepell, whereby individual in-person consultations are offered to all non-profit housing societies, regardless of size.
- Each benefit plan is developed with and for each individual society, ensuring that the plan benefits meet their specific needs.
- Quotations give “apple-for-apple” comparisons with existing plans, and offer a number of alternatives for premiums, plan design and insurer, making decisions informed and easy.
- Program can cater for any staff size, from one member of staff upwards.
How to Join
For a consultation, contact Meghan Vallis, Senior Consultant, Health and Benefits at Morneau Shepell at email@example.com or call 604-642-5223. Alternatively you can contact Jacqui Mendes, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.