Media Advisory: Terrace Hosts BCNPHA Northern BC Regional Education, Networking and Tradeshow (RENT)Posted
Non-profit housing providers, industry and government to tackle housing affordability
The BC Non-Profit Housing Association Regional Education, Networking and Tradeshow (RENT) will take place in Terrace on June 18, bringing together non-profit housing providers,government and local private stakeholders, to explore a diverse range of social housing needs affecting Northern British Columbia.
Tony Roy, Executive Director of BCNPHA, says: “The BCNPHA Northern RENT in Terrace will provide a key opportunity for non-profit housing providers, industry, government and other stakeholders to tackle housing affordability together. As the gateway to many of the Province’s infrastructure projects, having affordable housing in the North is critical to the future of all British Columbians.”
Tony Roy, Executive Director, BCNPHA will address delegates and introduce speakers as Master of Ceremonies for the event. Jill Atkey, Director of Research and Education, BCNPHA will present BCNPHA’s Rental Housing Index, which examines rental affordability in Northern BC.
Gregory Steves, Executive Director of the BC Government’s Housing Policy Branch will discuss the challenges communities are facing as result of industrial expansion, and highlight areas the sector can take an active role in helping meet changing housing needs in the region.Mayor Carol Leclerc of Terrace and Mayor Lee Brain of Prince Rupert will be attending.
Best Western Terrace Inn, 4553 Greig Avenue, Terrace, B.C.
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Media are invited to attend. Photography and audiovisual equipment are permitted. For more details or to arrange a media interview, please contact the media contact below.
- BCNPHA RENTs offer quality, accessible education to non-profit housing providers, as well as facilitating regional community development and in-depth exploration of regional issues.
- The RENTs are part of a major expansion of BCNPHA’s education program, helping members with variety of social housing needs, such as financial planning and oversight, energy efficiency and tenant relations.
- Tradeshow exhibitors include: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation, Chartered Institute of Housing Canada, Encasa Financial Inc. and Marsh Canada.
- The Rental Housing Index (RHI) is an innovative new research tool that was developed in partnership with Vancity. The RHI examines issues of income, rental affordability and overcrowding across the province through an interactive map.
- The Northern BC RENT is sponsored by BC Housing, Chartered Institute of Housing Canada, Encasa Financial Inc., Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation, Marsh Canada and Yardi.
Click here to view the Rental Housing Index.
Media Contact: Dean Pogas, 604.291.2600 (x232) 604.363.6590 (mobile); email@example.com
BCNPHA is the industry association for the social housing sector in BC. It represents, educates and provides service to more than 700 non-profit housing providers that operate more than 60,000 units of long and short-term affordable housing across the province. www.bcnpha.ca
Back to News