MEDIA ADVISORY: Housing Stakeholders to Tackle Affordability in the Lower Mainland at Regional Housing EventPosted
Non-profit housing providers, industry and government come together at BCNPHA’s Regional Education, Networking & Tradeshow (RENT)
VANCOUVER, BC (May 26, 2016) Please join BC Non-Profit Housing Association (BCNPHA) and other partners at the Regional Education, Networking & Tradeshow (RENT) event on Thursday, May 26. The event will bring together non-profit housing providers, government and local private stakeholders, to explore a diverse range of social housing needs affecting the Lower Mainland.
WHAT: BCNPHA Regional Education, Networking & Tradeshow (RENT). More than 20 education sessions for senior and frontline housing staff, as well as a Walking Tour of innovative housing providers from the Downtown Eastside. Full program available here.
- Municipal Panel on Housing: Join Vancouver Councillor Kerry Jang, Port Moody Mayor Mike Clay, New Westminster Councillor Chuck Puchmayr and Maple Ridge Deputy Mayor Tyler Shymkiw for a panel discussion on housing affordability and homelessness in the Lower Mainland – moderated by Globe & Mail Urban Affairs Contributor Frances Bula.
- Shayne Ramsay, CEO of BC Housing will provide an update on behalf of the BC Government and discuss areas the sector can work together to meet housing needs in the region.
- Melanie Mark, MLA (Deputy Housing Critic) will provide remarks on behalf of the Official Opposition.
- Tony Roy, CEO of BCNPHA will deliver a keynote address to delegates during the lunch plenary with Tim Richter, CEO & President of the Canadian Alliance to End Homeless (CAEH).
- Mukhtar Latif, Chief Housing Officer for the City of Vancouver will provide remarks as the event’s Premier Sponsor.
- Paul Kershaw, University of British Columbia, School of Population & Public Health, will present findings from Generation Squeeze’s Code Red Campaign during the morning plenary.
WHERE: Vancouver Convention Centre (East Building – Parkview Terrace Room), 999 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC
WHEN: Thursday, May 26 (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
HOW: Media are invited to attend. Photography and audiovisual equipment are permitted. For more details or to arrange a media interview, please contact the media contact below.
- BCNPHA RENTs offer quality, accessible education to non-profit housing providers, as well as facilitate regional community development and in-depth exploration of regional issues.
- The RENTs are part of a major expansion of BCNPHA’s education program, helping members with a variety of social housing needs, such as financial planning and oversight, energy efficiency and tenant relations.
- The Lower Mainland RENT is sponsored by the City of Vancouver, Aboriginal Housing Management Association (AHMA), BC Housing, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), Chartered Institute of Housing Canada (CIH Canada), Encasa Financial Inc., FortisBC, M’Akola Development Services, Marsh Canada and Turning Point.
- Tradeshow exhibitors include: 1st Trauma Scene Clean Up, A1 Windows, ADT Canada, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), Canstar Restoration, Chartered Institute of Housing Canada (CIH Canada), City of Vancouver, Curaflo of BC, Encasa Financial Inc., FortisBC, Heritage Health Care Furniture, LandlordBC, M’akola Development Services, Marsh Canada, Pioneering Technology Corporation, Planet Clean, RONA, Sparkle Solutions, SERVPRO of Langley, Solutions Pest Control, Stark Marketing Agency and Turning Point Recovery Centre Society.
BC Non-Profit Housing Association
BCNPHA is the industry association for the social housing sector in BC. It represents, educates and provides service to more than 700 non-profit housing providers that operate more than 60,000 units of long and short-term affordable housing across the province. www.bcnpha.caBack to News