Housing Central 2018: Call for Art!Posted
We’re excited to enliven the 2018 Housing Central Conference with art!
Does your organization provide arts-related services or programming? Would you like to showcase your work in this area at the Conference?
Are you an artist whose work touches on housing-related issues, homelessness, mental health, addictions, dealing with or overcoming stigma, or themes of resilience and healing?
Artists may be:
- People with lived experience (homelessness, mental health and/or addictions).
- People living in non-profit housing or who access social services.
- Professional artists whose work deals with these themes.
Artwork may include 2D and 3D work, as well as installations. If you have questions about the suitability of your work, please contact Robi Smith at email@example.com.
The art exhibition will take place on Tuesday, November 20 at the Sheraton Wall Centre in downtown Vancouver. Additional opportunities to showcase artwork may be available during the conference, November 18 – 20.
How to participate
Participation in the art exhibition is free, but space is limited. We are looking for a wide variety of work representing themes of housing, homelessness, mental health, addictions, resilience and healing. Once space is filled, a waitlist will be created in case of cancellations or if more space opens up.
Deadline for submissions is June 30, 2018.
Please send the following information by email to Robi Smith, exhibition curator, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Either: a description of the organization and art program to be represented OR a bio of the artist
- 3 to 5 images of work to be displayed
- A short artist statement explaining how the work relates to the themes of housing, homelessness, mental health, addictions, or resilience and healing
- Contact information
If you are interested in participating or learning more about this opportunity, please send an email to Robi Smith, exhibition curator at email@example.com.Back to News