Tenant Support Worker #0374
Website Lookout Housing and Health Society
HOURS AND DAYS OF WORK:
• Tuesday through Saturday
• Shift times will be 08:00 to 16:00 hrs
• Shifts are 7.25 hours in length
• Days of rest shall be consecutive. Schedule may change with two weeks’ notice
• Probationary/ qualifying period will be 488 hours with mid and end point reviews.
The Tenant Support Worker (TSW) reports to Site Manager and works in accordance with the mission and philosophy of Lookout Housing and Health Society including following Lookout’s Code of Ethics. The TSW works with residents to provide assistance, support, education and skill training. Will work with tenant to maintain and develop greater independence and stability with the goal of a healthier and more independent living arrangement.
JOB DUTIES: (in brief)
• Will participate in tenant intake and provide support services and assessment
• Will identify challenges for tenant and develop service plans, crisis intervention, administer finances and medication
• Ensure that basic needs are met by working closely with the individual on a long-term, ongoing basis
• Complete required paper work and maintain statistical and evaluative data
• Assist with volunteers and practicum students on site
• Some external work is likely to occur. Use of an automobile may at times be useful
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCE:
• Related Diploma or Certificate or minimum Grade 12 education, plus one (2) year of recent related experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Familiarity with community resources, particularly addiction, mental health and harm reduction.
• Must have current OFA 1 First Aid Certificate
• Crisis Intervention Skills Training an asset
• Class 4 driver’s Licence an asset
• Ability to work independently or in a team setting
• Strong ability to manage stress and organize workload
• Excellent communication, writing and documentation and organizational skills.
• Understands and maintain clientele/worker boundaries
• Ability to work with disadvantaged and challenging adults in a diverse environment
• Quick learner and self-motivated
• Strong physical and mental ability to perform work tasks and operate job related equipment.
• A minimum of two (2) years sobriety if you have had concerns related to alcohol and/or drug use.
• Criminal Record Clearance – vulnerable sector
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be accepted until 17:00 hours, November 9, 2017
TO APPLY: Refer to http://lookoutsociety.ca/about-us/careers/current-postings
Submit Application form and submit resume. Quote Job Posting #.
Email to: email@example.com or Fax to: 604-255-0790
“All employees, including laid off and displaced employees, are entitled to apply on the vacancy and be considered pursuant to the provisions of Article 12.9 (Selection Criteria).” Internal applicants must notify manager of intent to apply. External applicants will be reviewed after Internal.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WELCOME TO APPLY. THOSE SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED
Closing Date: November 9, 2017