Residential Building Attendant #0372
Website Lookout Housing and Health Society
HOURS AND DAYS OF WORK:
• Saturday and Sunday
• Shift times are: 00:00 to 08:00 hrs
• Shifts are 7.25 hours in length
• Days of rest shall be consecutive. Schedule may change with two weeks notice
• Probationary/ qualifying period will be 488 hours with mid and end point reviews.
The Residential Building Attendant (BA) reports to the Site Manager and works in accordance with the mission and philosophy of Lookout Housing and Health Society including following Lookout’s Code of Ethics. Building Attendants perform a variety of administrative, maintenance and security functions of the residence managed by Lookout.
JOB DUTIES: (in brief)
• Administrative tasks related to property management such as: rent collection, security deposits, petty cash
• Maintenance work and repair duties such as repairing furniture, installing switches, replacing plugs and other basic appliance repairs
• Prepares estimates of maintenance and repair costs to management
• Performs a variety of cleaning duties, garbage removal and monitors disposal service
• Monitors condition and cleanliness of client rooms and ensures a safe, secure environment
• Will assist new staff and oversee volunteers and work with all staff to ensure facilities meet the needs of guests
• Maintains manual and computerized reports and records ongoing
• Job duties may have a few disagreeable factors
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCE:
• Minimum Grade 12 education, plus two (2) years of recent related experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Must have current OFA 1 First Aid Certificate
• Crisis Intervention Skills Training an asset
• Ability to work independently or in a team setting
• Strong ability to manage stress and organize workload
• Excellent communication, writing and documentation and organizational skills.
• Understands and maintain clientele/worker boundaries
• Ability to work with disadvantaged and challenging adults in a diverse environment
• Strong physical and mental ability to perform work tasks and operate job related equipment.
• A minimum of two (2) years sobriety if you have had concerns related to alcohol and/or drug use.
• Criminal Record Clearance – vulnerable sector
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be accepted until 17:00 hours, November 9, 2017
TO APPLY: Refer to http://lookoutsociety.ca/about-us/careers/current-postings
Submit Application form and submit resume. Quote Job Posting #.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax to: 604-255-0790
“All employees, including laid off and displaced employees, are entitled to apply on the vacancy and be considered pursuant to the provisions of Article 12.9 (Selection Criteria).” Internal applicants must notify manager of intent to apply. External applicants will be reviewed after Internal.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WELCOME TO APPLY. THOSE SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED
Closing Date: November 9, 2017