Website Seniors Services Society
Title: Office Administrator
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm, 37.5 hours per week (full time)
Probationary period: 3 months
Application Deadline: May 25th, 2018
Seniors Services Society is a non-profit agency located in New Westminster, B.C. which provides support services for seniors in New Westminster to live independently, as well as housing information across BC and housing outreach services for seniors in the Lower Mainland.
Within the vision and mission statements of the Society, the Office Administrator, reporting to the Executive Director, will provide support to the Board and Society staff, and act as the lead for the administrative and physical operations of the Society.
• Maintain a safe and secure office environment; including overseeing the issuing of keys, security matters, building maintenance and suppliers.
• Provide direct administrative support to the Board of Directors, Executive Director, and Management Team as required.
• Staff lead for fundraising initiatives.
• Support and troubleshoot computer and communication technology within the Society.
• Oversee the creation and currency of Society website, newsletters, promotional materials and program statistics.
• Plan, attend, and take minutes for all Staff, Board of Directors and special event committee meetings, including the Annual General Meeting.
• Support all meetings and events booked in the Boardroom (booking, meeting set up, clean up, billing if required.)
• Provide administrative support to all SSS led workshops, projects and special events.
• Organize, update and distribute all Board of Directors materials (policy manual, agendas and minutes, etc.)
• Maintain all Society operational and environmental filing systems, databases and policy manuals.
• Responsible for all records pertaining to society membership including membership renewal.
• Support orientation of new staff and Board of Directors.
• Organize internal office relations including staff engagement and recognition.
• Supervision of summer students and office volunteers
• Responsible for general cleanliness and safety of office environment.
• Maintain an inventory and organizational system for office and kitchen supplies, and as authorized, make orders/purchases as needed.
• Other duties as required.
• Post-secondary education with a certificate or diploma in Office Administration or 3+ years of equivalent work experience within the not-for-profit sector.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Advanced knowledge of the Society Act and Board Governance process.
• Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize workloads, and meet deadlines.
• Advanced computer skills for Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook).
• Knowledge and experience with a donor database such as E-Tapestry and CRA donation regulations an asset.
• Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to use discretion and maintain strict confidentiality.
This is a full time position: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm. Some weekends and evenings as needed.
Salary range $20-$26/hour with full benefits after successful 3 month probation. Rate of pay will be determined based on applicant’s education, skill, and experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via fax or e-mail only, NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Application Deadline: May 25th, 2018
Seniors Services Society
750 Carnarvon Street
New Westminster, BC V3M 1E7
Fax: 604-520-1798 Web: www.seniorsservicessociety.ca
Closing Date: May 25, 2018