HR Recruitment Specialist & Generalist
Website John Howard Society of the Lower Mainland
The John Howard Society of the Lower Mainland of BC (JHSLM) is a registered non-profit charitable organization which provides assistance with housing, life-skills, and community-based support, with the goal of assisting individuals to value their positive contributions to society. We are dedicated to providing support and assistance to individuals throughout the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley.
Our organization has a strong history of helping individuals who are involved in, or at risk of involvement in, the criminal justice system. Our goal is to contribute to public safety by offering services that lead people to be contributing citizens within their communities. We support clients in a number of areas, including providing and assisting with finding housing, assistance with community reintegration, support with mental health and addictions, and learning how to be accountable to others and to be responsible for themselves.
The John Howard Society of the Lower Mainland is seeking a Human Resources Recruitment Specialist & Generalist to play an important role driving the recruitment process and managing the operations of the human resources department.
The HR Recruitment Specialist & Generalist is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the development of recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas.
This role also manages the administration of all human resources related policies, procedures, and programs and carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment, development, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment.
In this position, you will play a critical role in ensuring we are attracting, hiring and retaining the best possible employees, while growing a strong talent pipeline.
• Design and implement overall recruitment strategy for the John Howard Society of the Lower Mainland
• Update and develop job descriptions and job specifications
• Manage the recruitment process for exempt and non-exempt employees, volunteers and students
• Efficiently and effectively fill open positions through screening, interviewing and background checking candidates
• Conduct regular follow-up with program managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation
• Develop a pool of qualified candidates advance of need
• Research and build networks to find qualified active and passive candidates
• Post openings to traditional sources as well as thinking outside the box for new innovative ways to attract talent
• Develop, track and measure the recruitment and hiring process
• Monitor and apply HR best practices for recruitment
• Promote brand as employer of choice in sector
• Assists with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company
• Works with the HR/Payroll Administrator to fully utilize Dayforce to the company’s advantage
• Maintain employee records and ensure they are kept in a secure place
• Assist with performance management and professional development
• Establish an in-house employee training
• Ensures that onboarding and new employee orientations are completed in a timely manner
• Reviews and updates current HR policies to ensure compliance with current HR legislation
• Partners with management to communicate and implement HR policies, procedures and programs
• Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation and conducts investigations when required
• Support Program Managers to create consistency in policies and procedures including progressive disciplinary steps
• Serve as a liaison between management and workers providing support for handling grievances and difficult conversations with employees
• Provide management with advice and guidance on labour relations matters while preparing and participating in collective bargaining, agreement administration and interpretation
• Compensation analysis including market research and preparing pay studies
• Partners with accounting and payroll to maintain the payroll database
• Assists with the carrying out of the company-wide process of organizational development addressing issues such as succession planning, workforce development, employee retention, organization design and change management
• Monitors organization’s culture to support and attain the strategic goals of the John Howard Society of the Lower Mainland and promote employee satisfaction
• Promotes the John Howard Society of the Lower Mainland brand through internal communication
• Skill and knowledge usually attained by successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration or relevant field; or an equivalent combination of skill, knowledge and experience
• CPHR designation or in progress
• Proven work experience as a Recruiter (either in-house recruiter or staffing agency recruiter)
• Hands on experience with various selection processes
• Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong decision-making skills
• General knowledge of employment laws and legislation
• Experience working with a collective agreement including the ability to negotiate in collective bargaining
• Strong knowledge of MS office Suite
• Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to think outside the box to find innovative solutions to recruitment and human resources issues
The John Howard Society of the Lower Mainland offers a fun, team oriented working environment, three weeks’ vacation to start and a great benefits plan. If you are looking for a challenging role and you want to make a difference in your community, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to be considered for this is fantastic opportunity.
*Please note only short-listed applicants will be contacted*
Closing Date: February 28, 2018