Website John Howard Society of the Lower Mainland
The John Howard Society of the Lower Mainland of BC promotes a safe and peaceful community through effective, humane criminal and social justice programs. Our vision is “Improving Lives, One Person at a Time.”
We are a charitable organization that supports people with developmental disabilities and/or involvement with the criminal justice system. We are a team of 140 people serving clients across the Lower Mainland.
Please visit our website for further information www.jhslmbc.ca.
The John Howard Society of the Lower Mainland is currently seeking a dedicated and proactive professional with a commitment to timeliness and accuracy for the full-time role of Financial Administrator.
Ensure that JHSLM executes its financial processes in an accurate and timely manner with appropriate internal controls.
The Financial Administrator will report to our Senior Accountant.
• Accounts Payable:
o Receive, post, and pay invoices;
o Monitor and reconcile vendor accounts, following up directly with vendors as required;
o Produce AP aging reports
o Review and process employee reimbursements;
o Review and process purchase card transactions
• Accounts Receivable:
o Receive, prepare and post deposits;
o Reconcile electronic payments
• Month-end reporting:
o Assist with month-end close and preparation of financial statements for management review
• As required, provide coverage for front desk/reception duties and assist with payroll.
You are a highly motivated individual with a proven ability to work within a fast-paced, growth-focused environment. You will possess:
• Knowledge and experience with QuickBooks Enterprise or other accounting software
• Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles and practices, internal controls and financial reporting.
• 1 to 2 years of accounting and financial data entry experience.
• Currently enrolled or intention to enrol in a CPA designation program.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• High proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Excel in particular).
• Ability to organize and manage time efficiently.
• Strong communication skills (listening, verbal and written).
• Experience working in a non-profit environment with diverse stakeholders and clients will be considered an asset.
• Strong desire to work within the Social Services sector, and be a part of the John Howard Society team.
Annual Salary will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications. This role will also be eligible for the Society’s comprehensive Management Benefits Package.
The JHSLM welcomes applications from all qualified applicants including but not limited by those of any sex, race, orientation, or disability. Multilingual skills and multicultural competence are assets.
If you have these skills, and would like to be part of a great team, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line – Financial Administrator by: Thursday, August 24, 2017 @ 5pm PST.
The John Howard Society of the Lower Mainland of BC thanks all applicants for your interest in this opportunity. Please note that only shortlisted candidates, who have clearly articulated having met the essential qualifications, skills, and abilities in their application package will be contacted.
Closing Date: August 24, 2017