Director of Resident Services and Community Development
Website New Chelsea Society
NEW CHELSEA SOCIETY
New Chelsea is a registered charity and non-profit housing Society that provides over 1,400 safe, affordable housing units for seniors, families and persons with disabilities. The existence of the Society is based wholly on the provision of safe, secure, affordable housing in a close-knit community atmosphere of sharing and caring for one another. New Chelsea Society has 20 properties located in Vancouver, North Vancouver, Burnaby, Port Coquitlam, and Surrey. Our goal is to enhance and promote individual well-being through program developments, team work, and community involvement.
DIRECTOR OF RESIDENT SERVICES & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
As a key member of the senior management team, this position is responsible for overseeing the “quality of life” aspect of the social and affordable housing that New Chelsea Society provides across the Lower Mainland of B.C. They will work in close collaboration with other business departments, and community partners to plan, develop and implement the delivery of initiatives and programs that advance the organizations vision of creating healthy, prosperous and engaged communities.
– Participates in the development and implementation of the strategic goals, objectives, and policies of New Chelsea Society.
– Works with the Operations and Finance Departments to address and resolve tenancy-related issues with residents such as rent payment, safety & security, illegal activity. Resolves conflict and complex issues between residents and other residents, and residents and staff members.
– Creates, implements and evaluates programs to foster community development and engagement at all our properties
– Manages the ongoing evaluation of all programs and support services, by tracking, reporting and evaluating relevant statistics.
– Effectively supervises the Resident Placement Team and the Resident Services Coordinator.
– Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with local government, non-profit agencies, social service agencies/providers, communities and outreach contacts, various support organizations, and residents.
– Assesses, counsels, recommends solutions for issues that are impacting a resident’s personal life, health and well-being, and refers residents to suitable community support services and resources as appropriate.
– Handles all matters related to the Residential Tenancy Office of British Columbia.
- University degree in Social Work, Social Services, Health, Community Development or a related field.
- Adequate knowledge of mental health, addictions, family issues, multicultural issues, and service delivery to the elderly.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as with teams and occasionally committees of residents.
- Knowledge of partnership development and able and willing to network and work cooperatively with community agencies.
- Ability to work patiently in an environment that can be challenging and to handle emergency crisis situations.
- Criminal record check acceptable to New Chelsea Society and outside authorities.
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience working in a similar environment.
- Excellent communication skills, specifically the ability to effectively communicate in writing in a professional manner.
- Strong leadership and supervisory/management skills, as well as organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office Suite and the ability to learn and adapt to new software.
- Excellent mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Familiarity with the Residential Tenancy Act of British Columbia.
- Must possess a valid B.C. driver’s license and their own vehicle.
Closing Date: July 1, 2018