Director of Community Real Estate and Asset Management
Provides overall directions, management and leadership in the areas of housing operations, new housing project development, lease management and asset management.
Chief Executive Officer
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides overall leadership and support to all existing housing projects, management of new developments and asset management.
2. Lead and negotiate all leases and renewals with landlords, including rental rates and escalations, and standard legal lease terms.
3. Monitors insurance portfolio to ensure insurance coverages are adequate for applicable sites and entities.
4. Responsible for overall asset management including but not limited to capital planning, allocation of agency’s capital resources, evaluation of conditions of current leased sites for safety and compliance to regulations.
5. Develop, recommend and promulgate agency’s capital asset policy by instituting a life cycle focus for investments, ensuring capital activities (from acquisition through disposal) are accomplished in concert with the agency’s strategic vision and strategic management process.
6. Follow established business case template for assessment of risks and identification of risk mitigation strategies for new project development from the inception to full occupancy stage.
7. Develop and coordinate the agency’s long-term capital asset plan (CAP) and submitting plan in support of the annual budget request.
8. Keep CEO apprised of potential risks and risk mitigation strategies.
9. Maintain compliance with all major documentation impacting each housing projects, including, but not limited to, operating/operator agreements, and ground leases.
10. Monitor monthly financial variances, and take an active role in creation of quarterly forecasts, annual operating and capital budgets.
11. Build and maintain relationships with government agencies, and key real estate principals, including, but not limited to, real estate development companies.
12. Liaises and develops relationships with internal and external stakeholders to provide support and mitigate risk for the leased sites
13. Other duties as assigned by CEO.
Education, Training and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics or other related field. Undergraduate / post-graduate degree in a business management discipline.
2. Extensive knowledge and experience in market and non-market housing, real estate development and asset management.
3. A minimum of five to seven years of senior management experience in operations.
4. 7+ years property management experience preferably focused on market and non-market housing.
Job Skills and Abilities
1. Fluent in English. Additional language is an asset.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3. Strong leadership, planning, facilitating, interpersonal, organisational, negotiation, problem solving, analytical skills, and presentation skills.
4. Excellent computer skills in word and excel. Knowledge in Yardi will be an asset.
5. Ability to use critical and strategic thinking skills in formulating sound business solutions.
6. A high degree of maturity, diplomacy and ability to maintain confidentiality in all circumstances.
7. Ability to adapt to changing priorities, multi-task, work flexible hours and function under pressure and tight deadline.
Key Leadership Competencies
3. Business acumen
4. Decision making
5. Influence & impact
6. Inspirational leadership
7. Strategic thinking
Participation at meetings, conferences and other events may involve long work days, travel in or out of town, and evening or weekend work.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply online by submitting your resume & cover letter on or before September 28, 2018 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: October 10, 2018