Website Capital Regional District
Under minimum direction from Capital Region Housing Corporation managers, performs inspections, minor building maintenance, record keeping and janitorial duties. This position will be assigned a rotational schedule of weekday, weekend and emergency on-call duties.
This position requires a clear criminal record check. The applicant/incumbent will be required to undergo a criminal record check in order to work in this position and to report to their supervisor if any criminal charges are laid against them that may be related to their employment in this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintains day book with accurate documentation activities.
• Monitors safety of premises and quiet enjoyment of residents.
• Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with tenants.
• Acts as contact for emergency maintenance and warranty correction procedures, keeps phone numbers for service.
• Shows vacant units to prospective tenants.
• Conducts move-in/out inspection with new tenant.
• Controls parking by allocating spaces, maintaining log book, and prohibiting unauthorized activities and vehicles.
• Inspects unit with existing tenant on move-out, establishes status of unit, records damage, completes move-out inspection form, and obtains repair estimates.
• Cleans and repairs unit at move out and coordinates any necessary contractor work.
• Keeps all common areas clean; hallways, lounges, laundry rooms, locker rooms, lobbies, and elevators.
• Carries out annual unit inspections and assures necessary repairs are completed.
• Responds promptly to tenant complaints and concerns.
• Assures that Housing Corporation policies and procedures are followed by tenants and contractors.
• Enforces pet policies.
• Mediates disputes between tenants, fills out incident reports, and notifies authorities if required.
• Reviews project maintenance requirements and reports on these to the Property Manager.
• Examines and records items requiring maintenance and identifies responsibility.
• Carries out required repairs or arranges for appropriate contractor.
• Coordinates and monitors contractor activities on site. Provides notification for tenants, and suite or building access.
• Organizes and prioritizes work load to provide timely service to tenants and contractors.
• Assures sites are maintained in a clean and orderly state; remove garbage and debris from parking areas, sidewalks, and landscaped areas; clean and disinfect garbage enclosures; spot clean gutters and roofs; water landscaped areas as required; etc.
• Maintains accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, work orders, unit inspections, unit repairs, move-out painting and replacements, and inventory.
• Performs scheduled maintenance on equipment, as required, based on manufacturer’s recommendations and operating manuals.
• Acts as the Corporation’s representative in times of emergency to best protect building, grounds, and tenants.
• Assures that sites are equipped to deal with emergency situations at all times.
• Follows all policies, procedure and standards of the CRD and CRHC.
• Performs other duties as required.
• High School graduation or a combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Caretaker for a residential building preferred.
• Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence.
• Must provide own reliable vehicle for use year round including appropriate insurance.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
• Excellent public relations and conflict resolution skills.
• Thorough understanding of principles and practices of janitorial services.
• Excellent knowledge of general building repairs.
• Skill in operation of, and familiarity with, cleaning products, basic repair tools, phones, computers and pagers and a variety of maintenance and repair equipment.
• Physically fit and able to perform a variety of maintenance and repair duties that require working on ladders, moderately heavy lifting, accessing small spaces and possessing manual dexterity and agility.
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
• Ability to perform quality hands-on repair work.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Ability to maintain accurate written records.
• Ability to deal with tenants and contractors in a calm and professional manner.
• Ability to work under pressure, and at times, with abuse from the public.
• Ability to organize workload and maintain flexibility in an ever-changing environment.•
Closing Date: September 28, 2018
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.careers.bc.ca/careers →