Website Vancouver Native Housing Society
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Business Assets and Systems Manager (BASM) is responsible for ensuring that all maintenance and information technology is operating at maximum efficiency and operational requirements fully achieved for all VNHS properties and intellectual property. The BASM provides support to all VNHS staff in operating electronic office equipment and devices through out the portfolio. The incumbent regularly inspects all intellectual property and equipment and recommends updates, modernization or improvements when appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Attends to all technical issues at VNHS buildings including but not limited to security cameras, fobs, transmitters and intercom systems
• Corrects or arranges for correction of all problems with computer hardware and software, electronic communication devices and telephones
• When requested by property manager, assists resident and non-resident building managers to inspect, analyze, diagnose and address technical problems related to building, security and access systems
• Oversees and maintains an inventory of electronic, computer, software, server, etc. property, telephone systems, and all communication and electronic devices through out the portfolio and at VNHS Head Office
• Participates in planning and implementation of technical systems and equipment in VNHS properties under development
• Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
• Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
• Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
• Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
• Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
• Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
• Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Other related duties as directed by the Chief Operating Officer
• Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
• Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
• Expertise in data centre management and data governance
• Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
• Ability to manage personnel
• BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field
• Current BC Driver’s license
Key Skills and Abilities
• Ability to supervise reports effectively and establish and prioritize competing priorities
• Extensive knowledge of current telephone, telecommunications and computer hardware and software
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Good time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
• Self-motivated and reliable
• Ability to analyze and solve maintenance-related problems
• Ability to work in a team setting
• Advanced PC knowledge including Microsoft Office 2007 and Internet
• Ability to work occasional flexible hours
Closing Date: July 31, 2017