Website Fraserside Community Services Society
Fraserside is inspired to create communities of belonging where the diversity of all people is welcome. Fraserside is a multi-service agency that supports people needing housing, seeking work, and/or living with developmental disabilities, mental health or substance use issues, or low income. Our focus is New Westminster and neighbouring communities.
Fraserside is currently recruiting dynamic leaders to join its Board of Directors for a three year term.
• Knowledge of the community
• Commitment to organization’s mission and strategic directions
• A commitment of time
• Openness to learning
• Must be a member in good standing of the Society
• Knowledge of housing, real estate development, homelessness, finance, business, media, fund development, or health, and prior board experience is an asset
The Board of Directors are collectively accountable to the community, funders and other stakeholders. They are accountable for the Society’s performance in relation to its mission and strategic objectives and for the effective stewardship of financial and human resources.
• All Directors are expected to be fully informed on Society matters and participate in discussions and decisions in matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel and advocacy.
• Prepare for and attend board meetings
• Work as a team member and support board decisions
• Participate in the review of the Society’s mission and objectives and the development of a strategic plan
• Demonstrate loyalty, commitment and fiduciary responsibility
• Monitor the performance of the organization in relation to objectives and core values
• Be assured that the Board and its committees are adequately and currently informed – through reports and other methods – of the condition of the Society and its operations
• Be assured that reports properly reflect the operating results and financial condition of the Society
• Ascertain that management has established appropriate policies to define and identify conflicts of interest throughout the Society, and is diligently administering and enforcing those policies
• Appoint independent auditors subject to approval by members
• Approve the budget and monitor financial performance in relation to it
• Abide by the by-laws, code of conduct and other polices that apply to the board
• Establish, review and monitor polices that guide core operational practices (e.g. financial management, human resource management)
• Participate in fundraising activities of the Society
• Participate in hiring, performance evaluation and releasing the Chief Executive Officer
• Participate in the recruitment of new board members
• Participate in the evaluation of the board itself
• Attend and participate in the Annual General Meeting
• Keep informed about community issues relevant to the mission and objectives of the Society
If you are interested in joining our Board of Directors, please forward a cover letter and resume by 15 June 2018 to: email@example.com
Closing Date: June 15, 2018