Social Media / Digital Communications Coordinator
Empowering BC’s non-profit housing sector through advocacy, education and support.
Position: Social Media / Digital Communications Coordinator
Deadline: July 20, 2018
Organization: BC Non-Profit Housing Association
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Work Type: Maternity Leave Contract (10-12 months)
Hours: Full Time: 37.5 hours / week
Affordable housing is the number one issue facing British Columbians and we are searching for savvy digital communications coordinator who will be a passionate storyteller for the affordable housing sector.
BCNPHA is the umbrella association for non-profit housing providers in BC, providing services, education, events and advocacy to over 700 non-profit housing societies who provide more than 80,000 units of affordable housing at more than 2000 sites across the province.
Positioned within the Communications and Operations Department, this position will play a lead role in all of BCNPHA’s social media and other digital engagement efforts, as well as providing general communications support to promote BCNPHA programs, services, education offering and advocacy efforts.
The position also provides digital communications support to Housing Central partners Co-op Housing Federation of BC, COHO Management Services and Community Land Trust.
- Assist in managing (including writing, publishing and scheduling content) all of BCNPHA and CHF BC’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc) using the latest trends and technologies (i.e. Hootsuite).
- Create timely and engaging content including written posts, photos and videos.
- Support the growth and development of future social media channels that will help promote affordable housing and homelessness initiatives across the sector.
- Assist in implementing a comprehensive social media strategy to promote Housing Central partners.
- Use social networking analytics tools (i.e. TwitterCounter, Google Analytics) to create and maintain a digital engagement reporting system with metrics, such as click-through rates and other measurable reach and impressions.
- Assist in creating digital PR campaigns to drive awareness of non-profit and co-op housing and homelessness.
- Assists with media relations, including media monitoring, generating media lists, and writing and distributing and media materials.
In collaboration with the Communications & Marketing team, assist in developing and distributing (i.e. informz, iMIS) digital marketing materials, including event brochures, e-newsletters and quarterly magazines.
- Assist the IT team with web development and database maintenance, including data entry for CRM or other software when necessary.
Education, Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years of social media and/or marketing experience in an organization of comparable or greater size.
- Social media savviness with superior knowledge of current and emerging social media platforms.
- Strong software skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and CRM databases; and familiarity with SEO, knowledge of website content management (WordPress) and various e-communications tools.
- Experience with copywriting and storytelling.
- Excellent writing, editing and other communication skills and attention to detail.
- Superior organizational and time management skills and ability to set priorities and multi-task.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Experience working in the public or non-profit sector would be an asset.
- Post-secondary education in communications and/or marketing, media or public relations.
Compensation & Working Conditions
- Salary: $45,000-50,000 / annually
- A comprehensive extended health benefits package for you and your dependents
- Flexible workhours.
- A diverse team in a sociable, professionally rewarding work environment.
- BCNPHA is an equal opportunity employer that considers organizational diversity in all of our hiring.
- Reports to the Director of Communications & Operations.
Please apply with resume and cover letter to Dean Pogas, Director of Communications & Operations, BCNPHA at email@example.com with the subject line “Social Media Coordinator – LAST NAME”. Submission deadline is July 20th, 2018. We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: July 20, 2018