Asset Management Coordinator
Website BC Non-Profit Housing Association
The BC Non-Profit Housing Association provides leadership and support to members in creating and supporting a high standard of affordable housing throughout British Columbia. BCNPHA members are primarily non-profit housing providers. Other members include individuals and organizations that care about affordable housing. The Asset Management Department provides Energy Management and Capital Planning services to non-profit housing providers with the goal to reduce operating costs, prolong existing housing stock, and increase housing stock size to better meet rising housing demands.
The Asset Management Department is searching for someone to take on the role of Asset Management Coordinator. The role will be a permanent full time position assisting the Asset Management Department carryout its mandate to provide support to the non-profit housing sector.
BCNPHA is the umbrella association for non-profit housing providers in BC providing services, education, events and advocacy to over 800 non-profit housing societies who provide more than 60,000 units of affordable housing at more than 2000 sites across the province.
Provide education, project management and technical services related to building retrofits, by coaching societies through BCNPHA/BC Housing/Utility programs, and BCNPHA services developed to advance and sustain the non-profit housing sector.
o Prepares materials required for promotion, delivery and evaluation of educational events, as required
o Maintains educational materials, including developing new materials as appropriate and revising existing materials to ensure they are up-to-date
o Facilitates online courses related to building maintenance, operation, and sustainability
• Program/Services Support;
o Provide technical support to non-profit housing providers to identify, plan, and implement capital and energy efficiency building retrofits.
o Oversee and manage activities and technical deliverables of consultants retained by BCNPHA Energy Management Department and/or non-profits.
o Coordinate local and Provincial site visits, accommodation, travel, and data collection
o Visit sites to collect building information for Energy Audits, Studies, and Building Condition Assessments
o Data entry into calculators and tools used for developing business cases and costing retrofit work
o Support data entry into Portfolio Manager, IMIS, Asset Planner, and Excel
o Support sector wide building benchmarking initiatives
o Conduct Building Condition Assessments (BCAs)
• Data Management:
o Assists, identifies and follows through with emerging opportunities to add additional relevant data to the BCNPHA database.
Education, Experience and Skills
• A working knowledge of non-profit organizations and operations would be an asset
• Familiarity with Buildings, Building Construction, Building Systems, and Sustainability is an asset.
• Working knowledge of energy conservation measures in buildings, building control systems, and building envelope design.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to adapt to a changing environment are a must to be successful in this changing sector.
• Strong professional verbal and written communication skills -ability to communicate in a timely manner appropriate with staff and partners.
• Post-secondary education in a relevant field; a graduate degree would be an asset (such as a Masters in sustainability and planning, BCIT SEMAC certificate, UBC Masters in Clean Energy, Douglas BERM certificate)
• Proficient computer (MS office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database skills
• Experience and a high level of proficiency in preparing presentations and presenting data visually
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Must be able to travel by car and airplane to non-profit buildings across British Columbia.
Compensation & Working Conditions
• Family friendly work hours
• A diverse team in a sociable, professionally rewarding work environment
• Some travel throughout British Columbia required
• A comprehensive extended health benefits package for you and your dependants
• Salary: $50,000 to $55,000 commensurate on experience
• Reports to BCNPHA Asset Manager
• Will work very closely with the following:
o Internal; Asset Management Department and all Association departments, and
o External; Utility companies, and non-profit housing providers.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to Ian Cullis, Director, Asset Management with the subject line “Asset Management Coordinator – LASTNAME”. Submission deadline is August 3 2018. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: August 3, 2018