Administrative Assistant #E024-17
Website Lookout Housing and Health Society
Lookout Housing and Health Society is a charitable organization and social safety net that provides housing and a range of support services to adults, with low or no income, who have few, if any, housing or support options. As the people we serve have challenges meeting basic needs and goals, we place minimal barriers between them and our services. We believe that helping people help themselves is essential in addressing homelessness and all the issues that surround it. Securing appropriate housing is the first and most essential step in achieving responsible independent for individuals. For more information about Lookout, please visit www.lookoutsociety.ca
Reporting to the Director of Administration, the Administrative Assistant provides senior level support to the Directors and Managers and assists in the operation of the Lookout Administration office. The successful candidate will have Post-secondary education equivalent to two years of study plus two (2) years of recent related experience including at least one (1) year of experience working in a non-profit environment. Salary will be negotiated depending on experience and qualifications and includes a benefits and pension plan. The schedule for this position is an average Monday through Friday 40 hour work week with an occasional requirement to work weekends and evening coverage. This position is based in New Westminster, but work in Vancouver may be required.
• Post-secondary education equivalent to two years of study
• Two (2) years of recent related experience
• One (1) year of experience working in a non-profit environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Demonstrated ability to type 60 w.p.m.
• Valid OFA 1 First Aid Training Certificate is an asset, must pass a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to manage high workload with multiple priorities
• Ability to work during significant level of interruptions
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Proven ability to write correspondence on a variety of topics
• Demonstrated ability to research and analyze; investigate and resolve issues and recommend solutions
• Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment including advanced proficiency with personal computers including database management, spreadsheet development and Microsoft programs.
Lookout offers a comprehensive benefit package and 3 weeks’ vacation to start. Opportunities for In-house training and development are also provided.
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to
email@example.com by 5:00 pm
November 9, 2017. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: November 9, 2017