Managing the Modern Workplace; a Morning Workshop on Employer Best-Practices in Modern Times
Mathews, Dinsdale & Clark Seminar: Managing the Modern Workplace – Employer Best Practices in Changing Times
Complimentary Morning Workshop – Kelowna, BC
Thursday, June 1, 2017
The world is changing at an ever accelerating pace. Over the past 10 years, technological developments have radically changed how business is done for virtually every type of organization in virtually any place. Most notably, the continuing rise of the internet and the advent of the smartphone has fundamentally changed the way people interact and communicate with each other, both at home and at work.
It can be challenging for employers to stay ahead of the shifting currents of modern times. We are here to help. This seminar will give your organization a solid framework to effectively manage its workforce and avoid liabilities that might only be a tweet away, as well as practical tools to address the changing times.
Topics will include:
- A Bunch of Bully: Workplace Investigations and the Era of Bullying and Harassment
- 420 and the Real Safety Meeting: Legal/Illegal Marijuana in the Workplace (including Occupational Health and Safety Considerations)
- I, Employer: Emerging Technology and the Workplace (including Privacy, Remote Work, Social Media and Discipline)
- Making Applicants Great Again: A Look at the Current state of business Immigration in Canadian (including Timelines, Upcoming Changes as well as Business Visitors v. Work Permits)
Canada’s Only Labour & Employment Law Firm Coast to Coast
For over 60 years, Mathews Dinsdale has been assisting employers with issues arising from the workplace. With six offices across Canada, including Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Halifax we are positioned to assist employers across the country.
View upcoming seminars at mathewsdinsdale.com
- Start: 1 June 2017 8:00 am
- Venue: Hotel Eldorado
- Address: 500 Cook Rd, Kelowna, BC
- Categories: OTHER