FOAM 104 – Business Practices – HousingU online course
FOAM 104 – Business Practices is an advanced level course that focuses on the business side of Operations and Maintenance. This course can be completed in 8 weeks or less, however participants have up to 3 months to complete.
Core Business Principles | Goals and Policies | Strategies Plans and Processes | Roles, Responsibilities and Resourcing | Tools and Techniques | Problem Solving and Decision Making
What you'll learn
By the end of FOAM 104 – Building Practices course, successful participants will able to:
- Explain how core business practices effect operations and maintenance
- Develop operations and maintenance goals, plans, policies and processes that align with your organization’s values, vision and mission
- Identify gaps in operations and maintenance roles, responsibilities and resourcing
- Create a procurement plan
- Compare and choose from a variety of operations and maintenance tools
- Identify problems by type and make better decisions
- Write a business case
Approximately 40 hours over a three month period.
This is an advanced level course so some prior knowledge of Operations and Maintenance would be helpful. Completion of prior FOAM courses is recommended but not mandatory.
This is an online course and participants must have basic computer skills and have regular access to a computer with MS Office 2010 or later and a modern, safe browser. We recommend Chrome, however any updated browser will work. Templates used in this course may require MS Excel, MS Word and .pdf reader. This course is provided in English and requires reading and writing at a grade 10 level.
$139 (+GST) for members $209 (+GST) for non-members
For more information email: